World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have booked up to stay at Cahersiveen, County Kerry, at the end of September. If anybody could provide advice on the species in the area, with shore venues, tactics, baits, tackle shop names it would be greatly appreciated.

I am in the process of digging through old Sea Anglers to try and find out information but not having much luck.

Many thanks for your assistance in advance.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I know a fair bit as I have a house there. You can get a lot of info via the Irish tourist board angling rep for free. eg maps where to dig bait etc. But you are welcome to call me on 07762 731309 before friday or from August as I am going out there myself. A good local guide is a chap called Kevin Brain based in Waterville and the best tackle shop is Landers in Tralee where you should speak to a guy called Collum.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Hi Flipper

Welcome to the site... I hope you get lots of help and advice....

Mike Jr is at this very moment in Ireland trying different fishing venues on a working holiday for three weeks. So He might come back with some info that might help you.

Mike Jr is the cofounder of the site and can be contacted through the members list....send him a pm and he will get back to you when he gets back from Ireland...Just explain where you are going to be fishing and the info you need..

I hope that helps you..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi .Been to that area 2yrs on the trot. Its excellent.Several marks on Valencia Is. Culoo Rocks is fantastic if youve got a good head for heights .V Slippy when wet but lots of mackerel and Pollack in v deep water. Take heed of signs in bad weather. Kevin Brain is very helpful.
cheers Fitz

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I have been away for the last few days, many thanks for all your assistance, sounds as though we are in for a good holiday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts