World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SELSEY BEACH
Went to selsey over the bank holiday at the bunns leisure caravan park for a long weekend before going onto the isle of wight on bank holiday monday.
Was very happy man indeed to order bait on the way whilst stuck on the M25, first job was to get the bait which were good sized rag and frozen sand eels.Fished the friday night from around 8.30 til around 1.30am,with no results,with plenty of very long striggs of bright red seaweed coming out when reeling in.Had a chat with 'big sturgeon' off the southern forum who reported that good sized smoothies and rays were being caught the previous week end (typical lol).
went out again the saturday night with the same results but had a good chat with a guy from essex who is good friends with james s-sh.
Nearly got persuaded by the same southend guy to join him sunday night but found it was way too windy for my liking.

Saturday morning boat trip from selsey

Bleary eyed and fresh a four hour sleep :yawn: from not having not caught anything the friday night i had previously arranged to join a 4 hr boat trip from the lifeboat area of selsey.Was very surprised at the cost. For £35 we had lots of different bait, rods ,lunch provided and a good laugh.
The skipper was excellent with us fishing around seven miles off selsey and bogner regis.We first put out rods for mackies for bait and then fished as normal.The range of fish caught was impressive with one tope coming in (metre long) followed by blond and thorny rays herring garfish ,plenty of mackies by the basket full.i personally caught two good sized bream on the leftover rag i had and several mackies,but lost possible a good sized bass or ray also.We were nearly out for five hours in total.

ISLE OF WIGHT
shanklin esplenade wednesday/night thursday night
Fished haphazard both nights because of the high tide times (3.30am /4am)the first night i had to sit in the car for two hours,waiting for the tide to turn,to be able to cast in relatively shallow water in order to cover the worm hoping for a ray or bass.Lovely beach with a mixture of sand shingle and rocks with reports of mixed species being caught recently,as one can only hope!.Nothing to report as catches go but was good to be out ,missed a few bites though.Could not fish to high water because it was more of a family holiday than a fishing one.

roll on winter
regards
compo

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
well done Mark

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all
i did use frozen crab on the friday night,with no luck.Missed a couple of good knocks,with the end result,bare hooks.If anybody wants details of where to find the tackle shop or the boat (emma jayne ,skipper called colin) out of selsey.I have the numbers which i can pm people.I hope to go there again sometime,pity its a bit too far to fish regularly.Highly recommended.
regards
mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts