World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

Going on holiday for a week in south cornwall and have rock marks left and right....im going to try to fish as much of the marks as i can with all different tactics, for different species...i have heard that there are nice wrasse to be had and that bass and pollock come in close to these marks often....and i was just wondering if you could give me some advice on how to fish for these species with the greatest success...wrasse what rig,bait ? pollock jelly worm ? bass plug ?

also...

is it worth lure fishing for bass pollock off chesil ( abbotsbury,west bexington ) without getting hassled by macks...any special tactics required to specifically target these species?

comments and thoughts appreciated....

twydinho9:bye1::punk:

·
South Coast Forum Moderator
1,603 Posts
Moved to SW forum.

·
Banned
44,186 Posts
Wrasse will take crabs and rag, either ledgered or float fished and will also take flying c lures as well. Pollack will take float fished rag as well as a variety of lures and sand eels.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Anywhere between the main Falmouth beaches and the mouth of the helford will throw up more or less anything, float fished rag, eel, or crab is a favourite cos then I loose less tackle. We took the kids out for a fish n camp last week end and ended up with allsorts inc a dover sole caught 20 yards out. Small to mid sized plugs should start to be a bit more productive anyday now around the rocks...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Get a bubble float and live eels if you can and you'll be laughing.
That or Rapala X-Rap's are pretty deadly, i use the SXR-10 SBM or bigger. Either of these will be ideal for bass or pollock.
But wrasse will take the live eels too, if you just want to target wrasse then i agree with the others above that floating a bait close to the bottom would be best.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts