World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm joining the merry band of holiday makers mid August for a week camping down near the Fleet lagoon.

I was wondering if any of you locals could point me in the general direction of some good beaches/ marks please.

I'm hoping to get a few hours in the morning or evening somewhere, and would really like to have a go at some Pollock if poss, something we don't see too often on the East coast.

Also any advise on decent bait shops and tactics would be much appreciated

Cheers

John

·
Registered
913 Posts
Hello everyone,

I'm joining the merry band of holiday makers mid August for a week camping down near the Fleet lagoon.

I was wondering if any of you locals could point me in the general direction of some good beaches/ marks please.

I'm hoping to get a few hours in the morning or evening somewhere, and would really like to have a go at some Pollock if poss, something we don't see too often on the East coast.

Also any advise on decent bait shops and tactics would be much appreciated

Cheers

John
chechout the sites i have listed on my seaton and axmouth fishingguide stiky click on this www.portlanbill.co.uk

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks that looks very comprehensive

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
the link is www.portlandbill.co.uk
(you missed out the d )

have a look on my blog for other marks locally.
No wonder I couldn't get it to work . I thought my PC was broke .
I've looked on that site before and there's some good pics and explanation of marks :thumbs:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hello Cambs John - thought I recognised you as a regular East poster. I'm hopefully off to Dorset this Wednesday for a few days, also camping near Fleet, the Sea Barn campsite?

Plan to take a rod and do a bit of mackerel feathering, as have never done it before, and possibly a bit of spinning if I can find a good spot. Will let you know what I find out when I get back.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info all,

Nicey Nicey, let me know how you get on via PM please. I'm also going to the Sea barn site week of the 18th for the first time so would be handy to know what it's like and any reviews favourable or not

1 - 9 of 9 Posts