World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi going to Coverack area in second week augest,any marks in the area that would be safe for wife and kids? All help would make the time more enjoyable.

·
Registered
49 Posts
hi
coverack harbour wall for mackeral and small pollack,if you want to try rough ground fishing for bass,walk to lowland point quite a long walk but ideal for the kids to play on the grass away from the water porthkerris about 3 miles away pretty safe for children a real hotspot for mackeral,enjoy your holiday

cheers fawlty :D

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey,

Coverack Harbour is good for mackrel at high tide, or try the beach during late evening or night.
Try to fish the tide in and stay until its on its way out again, after this you will be wasting your time. Use sandeel as bait either live or frozen, i have had fish on both there and also live lugworm and ragworm are good baits to use. These can be bought from Atlantic Fishing Tackle in HELSTON which will provide you with a good quality bait.

This should give some good results, had 2 bass there last night both 3Ib, with medium size sandeel.

From a safety point of view, it is a safe beach with no major concerns, also it is right in Coverack close to shops and the pub!!

Hope you enjoy your holiday :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
hi james,
was interested to hear coverack beach fishes allright for bass ,where on the beach is best and what about conditions
cheers fawlty :rolleyes:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Fawlty,
Yeah, usually fish it in for 2 hours wth a good swell with white water, obviously a must for shore bassing.
Fish it in the middle about 30-40 yards out, with a live sandeel, as i said i have had a couple there so it is worth giving it a go.
Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts