World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any cheap camp sites in cornwall/devon(tents,not haven etc)

·
Registered
12 Posts
You could try whitsand bay holliday camp, they have a website you could google
which shows all the info, but I dont think it mentions tents although they do let you camp there.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Viper,

Are you a member of the Camping and Caravanning Club? They have numerous small sites located all around the country for a few pounds per night. They are basic sites with fresh drinking water and toilet emptying facilities, some have toilets and showers but not many. However you can make your own shower and wash room with a toilet tent. "Brings back happy memories"

I have a motorhome and use these sites most of the time, except when I go on a "Posh" holiday and use proper sites.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Viper,

Check the AA caravan camping handbook. Her in Doors swears by it. Mind you most of the time she chooses campsites inland :mad:

Woodster

·
Registered
18 Posts
me and a few mates fish all over the place, all we do for accomodation is get the £9.50 tokens out of the sun or the mirror, put down our choices of dates and places we'd like to fish,and sit back and wait,when the holiday is confirmed just contact the local tackle shop for advice on baits and tides etc.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Stayed at a good one a couple of years back at Par. The local towns are Fowey, and St austell.. The better tackle shop was in st austell.

The camp site was right on the beach but that beach was not much good beacuse of the weed and the tourists.

If you want to know more details give us a shout and I will try and find out a bit more

Paul

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hi Viper
Tencreek Holiday Park
Looe
Cornwall
01503 262447
Email: [email protected]
www.dolphinholidays.co.uk

I have no connection to this site, this info above comes from the fact that I am sat with their brochure in front of me. It is a very nice site with all the modern facilities. There is certainly camping available but I don't know about costs for pitching a tent.
I'll be there at the end of August come rain or shine. Can we rely on British weather. There are plenty of charter boats out of Looe and around the area there are some nice rough ground, rocky bays. Try your luck I can recommend it.
Cheers
Arct...

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank's guy's,will be staying in padstow on 03/07/05 for a week,cheap caravan.look forward to wetting a line(not to mention a few jar's!) :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts