World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to fish 2 down 2 up

Got there, strange notice on gate re cctv and a big crane in the distance, also road was nice no ruts etc

Drove to the wall, well almost got within 100 yards.

It was fenced off.

Thought of walking to the right over the field but I don't want to damage crops and there is a **** before the wall.

went back and looked at the sign on the gate

went home via S Fambridge, but could not be arsed to get out of the car.........went home.

is this going to be a temporary lack of access ?

·
Banned
2,360 Posts

Got there, strange notice on gate re cctv and a big crane in the distance, also road was nice no ruts etc

It was fenced off.

Thought of walking to the right over the field but I don't want to damage crops and there is a **** before the wall.

went home via S Fambridge, but could not be arsed to get out of the car.........went home.

nope for ages im afraid thats the fishing ****ed up that way ,on my other forum i was told by a skipper that a wind farm is going up,cheers for the photo saves me wasting going there now

·
Registered
91 Posts
I will have to have a look at that !as there must be somewhere near to get access as that's a good mark if not I won't be renewing that gate key we need to check this out in daylight Jhon nice try last night by the way and I think u made the right call at going home after that . I think it's a bit early for a ray that far up the river at the mo ???

·
Registered
238 Posts

It was fenced off.

Hi m8 I did the same friday night saturday morning, got there 2amish saturday there is another note on the gate post that says something about being closed for 6 months.
I parked at gate as dont have a key and decided to walk down anyway, me being a ignorant geordie, thinking ah fuk it I will be there and back before anyone comes to start work. then got to end and seen gate at bottom.
so trekked all the way back up, driving along the marsh road thinking where to now, Bradwell power station ? hmmmn last time I went there couple weeks back and parked in car park when I finished fishing and got back to car someone had constructed a makeshift gate and locked me in, funny ****ers, I had last laugh though I cut through the gates lol.
well I decided toi drive back to burnham where I live park at yatch club and walk to little bunker thing near caravan park and fished last 2 up and 2 down, 6 little codling , no WHITING for a change.

so today I decided to walk dog along sea wall to holliwell point see how long it would take me as I like that spot too, some hike 80 minutes, is it worth it ? I guess if not windy and raining and travelling light.

is there anyone who can be contacted about this gated access at holliwell see if access is allowed to fish ?:fishing1:

·
Banned
2,360 Posts
Hi m8 I did the same friday night saturday morning, got there 2amish saturday there is another note on the gate post that says something about being closed for 6 months.
I parked at gate as dont have a key and decided to walk down anyway, me being a ignorant geordie, thinking ah fuk it I will be there and back before anyone comes to start work. then got to end and seen gate at bottom.
so trekked all the way back up, driving along the marsh road thinking where to now, Bradwell power station ? hmmmn last time I went there couple weeks back and parked in car park when I finished fishing and got back to car someone had constructed a makeshift gate and locked me in, funny ****ers, I had last laugh though I cut through the gates lol.
well I decided toi drive back to burnham where I live park at yatch club and walk to little bunker thing near caravan park and fished last 2 up and 2 down, 6 little codling , no WHITING for a change.

so today I decided to walk dog along sea wall to holliwell point see how long it would take me as I like that spot too, some hike 80 minutes, is it worth it ? I guess if not windy and raining and travelling light.

is there anyone who can be contacted about this gated access at holliwell see if access is allowed to fish ?:fishing1:[/QUOTE can you walk to the left as you get down to the bottom as there are 2 spots that way but you will have to fish them on a medium tide ie 5.2 as it can punch abit there ,i was looking to give it a try one day around mid april when i can get a day of ,its a shame you cant fish across the other side when ive gone on to foulness down the bottom there is a lovely spot clean sandy

·
Registered
238 Posts

is there anyone who can be contacted about this gated access at holliwell see if access is allowed to fish ?:fishing1:[/QUOTE can you walk to the left as you get down to the bottom as there are 2 spots that way but you will have to fish them on a medium tide ie 5.2 as it can punch abit there ,i was looking to give it a try one day around mid april when i can get a day of ,its a shame you cant fish across the other side when ive gone on to foulness down the bottom there is a lovely spot clean sandy
hi I an I couldnt see if there was a way passed the gates at the bottom, although I did try to the left once on another gun turrett platform but found it really snaggy, lost a bit of gear.

·
Banned
2,360 Posts
hi I an I couldnt see if there was a way passed the gates at the bottom, although I did try to the left once on another gun turrett platform but found it really snaggy, lost a bit of gear.
go a little bit further to the left ,i wonder whats going on with the keys then as you could drive right up to the front might be worth taking a bike in the car and have a ride along there

1 - 8 of 8 Posts