World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Popped to Holland tonight for a quick trip, hoping for a cod after the weekend winds.
Arrived about an hour before top tide and fished it up and 2 hrs down, wind was pretty strong and the waves were coming over the prom an hour after high tide.
I only had frozen blacks n squid,, and kept to big baits!
3 hours fishing and not a bite, bait coming back untouched!
At this rate I might have to start coarse fishing again!

·
13,170 Posts
At least you got plenty of fresh air!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Catchers

You seem to be on a bad run at the moment. Are you still on for the 24th? Can't see the arms being open by then after the battering they've taken

·
Registered
208 Posts
Popped to Holland tonight for a quick trip, hoping for a cod after the weekend winds.
Arrived about an hour before top tide and fished it up and 2 hrs down, wind was pretty strong and the waves were coming over the prom an hour after high tide.
I only had frozen blacks n squid,, and kept to big baits!
3 hours fishing and not a bite, bait coming back untouched!
At this rate I might have to start coarse fishing again!
Is this normal at this venue. I'm supposed to be coming that way on Thursday?

Oldgit

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Catchers

You seem to be on a bad run at the moment. Are you still on for the 24th? Can't see the arms being open by then after the battering they've taken
Hi Martin,

I think everyone has been on a bad run around here lately, Jake is on the pier tonight so we will see if he fares any better - apparently there are codling coming to the boats fishing a mile off the pier!

Still up for something on 24th, although looking doubtful that water will clear for the spotties to play?!

Might have to go coarse fishing - went last week and had two PB pike in same session at 18lb and 22lb - nice to catch something sizeable!!:clap2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts