World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Mateys,

I hope y'all don't mind but I'm just looking for some advice. Out of the blue I've been offered a few days in a friends caravan in Saundersfoot next week and having not been on hols for waaaay to long I jumped on the oppertunity :wiggle:. My girlfriend and I have been fishing for a little while and we're still learning this and that (although we are actually catching fish now - finally) and we're hoping to gets some really good fishing sessions in while we're there. So if it's ok to ask can someone point me in the direction of one or two good marks nearby to try out and a tackle shop in the area to buy all our neccessities? Any advice you could offer would be really appreciated, it would be great to have some days fishing :D!

Cheers,

Jolly.

·
Landypirate
1,591 Posts
although not from there , I had a week early on this year in tenby , I fished saundersfoot foot harbour wall , mackies doggies and gernard, and you can park right next to it in car park (no hiking) ,the best tackle shop I found was in tenby just up from the harbour ,(can.t remember the name) locals are friendly and helpful ......, you should have a good time , don’t forget to post a report.........

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
But I often fish at Amroth (by the pub where the stream goes in) fish virtually out the back of the Disco, low water flounders high water dabs & whiting. There is a local who fishes it when we are going home (1hr AFTER HW) he must know what he is doing though he lives there;)

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
But I often fish at Amroth (by the pub where the stream goes in) fish virtually out the back of the Disco, low water flounders high water dabs & whiting. There is a local who fishes it when we are going home (1hr AFTER HW) he must know what he is doing though he lives there;)
he's most prob the village drunk vic lol:whistling:whistling amroth i hate that mark all along the place from the new inn right up to the far right a sad place indeed..:help::help:

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
he's most prob the village drunk vic lol:whistling:whistling amroth i hate that mark all along the place from the new inn right up to the far right a sad place indeed..:help::help:
Need we say any more?:whistling: you could blank in Swansea Market with a 20 pound note in your pocket!:bicycle:

·
Registered
507 Posts
hi m8 monkston point is good at sandersfoot, for bass and other species ive been told, in a boat anyway, i often see people fishing at monkston off the shore when im down there

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Three of us fished that area last week, we were on a species hunt and ended up with 22 species; we fished Saundersfoot Harbour wall ( blennies, flounder, gurnard ,dogfish, smoothie pups, mackerel, school bass, whiting), Amroth ( school bass, flounder), Tenby Harbour wall (mackerel, flounder, baby turbot, blenny, gar ), Milford Haven (wrasse, mackerel, gar, small pollack tiny codling ), Neyland (wrasse) and Hobb's Point ( wrasse ...3 types, gobies lots of types, blennies, coalfish, pollack, tiny codling, trigger fish.
Highlight for me..... 3 triggers from a yard or two off the ramp at Hobb's Point on light tackle, take plenty of small expendable weights with you......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts