World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was fishing holyhead today off the end,just cast out a nice new rig. Sat down then here a noise of a boat sounded close so i got up and the [email protected] was goin right over my line so i grabbed my rod and held on. Lucky i was right ther otherwise ther could have been damage to my gear. Should that trawler have been that close?? Or am i in the wrong??:g:

·
Registered
767 Posts
Unfortunately its there right of way, they can come as close as they choose id imagine. They should still use a bit of common sense, some are just arse holes. Then again they probably get sick of people flinging leads there way lol

·
Registered
823 Posts
Sorry, Rhysgarage, but the break (not brake - they're what you find on cars, as you probably know) water was built to break up waves to protect shipping and so create a large calm anchorage. Angling is very much the poor relative. In some countries it's illegal to fish off structures like the Breakwater, Spain for example; so I would just be grateful that it's there at all. So the next time you see a boat approaching just get your gear reeled to a safe spot and give them a cheery wave: they are trying to make a living - you are just wetting a line.

·
Registered
299 Posts
had the same thing happen to me afewyears ago a small local boat. next thing i knew he .d potterd off into the distance ,nearly two zzippys followed him , if it wasnt for the quick thinking id have been following him as well, there are IGNORANT GOGS !

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
The same thing happened to me and SteveA at the green light bend a few years ago, a small cabin cruiser took all 4 of our lines but luckily we were able to grab the rods just in time to stop them disappearing over the side, we seriously considered meeting the guy off his boat in the marina to explain the error of his ways but we calmed down quite quickly and decided the p***k wasn't worth it :nonono:.

Guys with big boats but small d***s might have the right to sail where they want but a bit of consideration for others doesn't cost anything.

·
Registered
42 Posts
its the jet skiiers that wind me up no end here. they hammer up and down within 50m of the quayside just making waves and burning guzzline, more than once I've been tempted to send a 12mm lead at 280 fps their way....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.