World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all ! just a quick one,fished the breakwater last night,set up at the lighthouse 2 hours before high till 1&half on the ebb.1 rod down side of the wall with a mackerel flapper and 1 further out on lug,mackeral and sqid.Nota single knock,bait totally intact when brought in.Put the rods in the car and moved to the green light with the exact set up,a total blank with not even a knock and the bait untouched,fished identically on the 27th feb with same results,very disappointing!!

·
Banned
15,860 Posts
Hi all ! just a quick one,fished the breakwater last night,set up at the lighthouse 2 hours before high till 1&half on the ebb.1 rod down side of the wall with a mackerel flapper and 1 further out on lug,mackeral and sqid.Nota single knock,bait totally intact when brought in.Put the rods in the car and moved to the green light with the exact set up,a total blank with not even a knock and the bait untouched,fished identically on the 27th feb with same results,very disappointing!!
And the moral of the story is ................................ Try somewhere else next time :whistling

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Thats unlucky but thanks for the report. Your not a mechanic or something like that and turning up with oil or fuel on your hands or something smelly if so give them good wash and good rub in something sea smelly before fishing sounds silly but can make a difference not good to transfer unatural smells on to your bait. Just a thought. :thumbs:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Both Baggie and myself where up there on Saturday (arrived 6am). Couldn't get near the green light as a camper van was parked up, looked like he had been there all night so drove past and set up halfway down between the light house and green light.
Despite racing into a 5 nil lead (a 3 bearded rockling, doggie x3, whiting) I was soon pegged back by Baggie and lost 6 - 5.....the mother of all comebacks.

·
The Doggie Whisperer
1,084 Posts
I hate fishing the breakwater ... the only thing its good for is micro species straight down the sides, theres far better places to fish..

·
Banned
15,860 Posts
Both Baggie and myself where up there on Saturday (arrived 6am). Couldn't get near the green light as a camper van was parked up, looked like he had been there all night so drove past and set up halfway down between the light house and green light.
Despite racing into a 5 nil lead (a 3 bearded rockling, doggie x3, whiting) I was soon pegged back by Baggie and lost 6 - 5.....the mother of all comebacks.
It's a pity our team can't do comebacks like that :roll1::roll1::roll1::roll1::roll1:

·
Registered
23 Posts
As a newbie Im just happy to catch anything, micro species or doggie.
1 win and it will change viaduct. We will soon be pushing for top 15 :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well said VB !!!

And can I just point out that as soon as I went into a 6-5 lead it was time to go .... Purely Co-incidence

Also - any idea what this is ... is it a 3 Bearded Rockling

Attachments

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Well said VB !!!

And can I just point out that as soon as I went into a 6-5 lead it was time to go .... Purely Co-incidence

Also - any idea what this is ... is it a 3 Bearded Rockling
Looks like a shore rockling as a 3 beard has a more mottled pattern to it.:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Got get comeback powers like the villa :roll1::roll1::roll1: hope it pick up on breakwater soon. But better on west side of island at present

·
Registered
23 Posts
I must just add that we (baggie and myself) always have £5 for the 1st fish. On this occasion and for the 1st time ever I won.
I would like to tell you that it was a perfect hook and that it was down to skill but sadly that would be lying.... A doggie had somehow tangled his tail around my line, creating the perfect snare.
Baggie tried to argue that it technically wasn't a catch but as I had great pleasure in telling him, its on my line (all be it 1 foot from the hook) and I reeled it in, therefore it goes down in the record books as a caught fish hahaha

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cheers furryontheinside,blanked on them trips but haven't give up on it,had some great nights on there mate,had many a conger,huss an rockling over the back wall with a fair few wrasse on the rough ground just to the right of the lighthouse steps and the usual suspects in the bay,will be fishing other marks inbetween regular trips to the breakwater.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
We are all judge by what we do present and past why don't you and me have a angling challenge bring your buddy and I also have a fellow angler who a villa nose We have a match best angling wins loser buys fish and chips up for it

1 - 20 of 31 Posts