World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be fishing Holyhead breakwater in the mid of november, could someone please help me regarding tackle, bait, species etc

·
Registered
35 Posts
hi Philpz I have been out on the boats many times from hollyhead, but never shore fished the breakwater. Have you tried typing in seafishinghollyhead breakwater worth a try. I have fished the breakwater in Fishguard thats great fishing. B)

·
Registered
7,887 Posts
Originally posted by welshbouy@Nov 3 2004, 10:58 AM
I have fished the breakwater in Fishguard thats great fishing. B)
Fishguard main breakwater used to be my favourite winter mark until they closed it to general angling. Used to be well worth the drive down from Mid Wales. I wonder if there is any chance of it reopening? Never found the shorter breakwater (which is still open) as productive.

Cheers - John

·
Registered
35 Posts
hi John / we fish the main breakwater, as long as you are in a fishing club we sign a form to say that if we drown we won't sue them, but i have seen the odd one or two go there. ;)

·
Registered
7,887 Posts
Originally posted by welshbouy@Nov 3 2004, 11:48 PM
hi John / we fish the main breakwater, as long as you are in a fishing club we sign a form to say that if we drown we won't sue them, but i have seen the odd one or two go there. ;)
Cheers mate!

Would love to have a session on the Breakwater again! Could you PM me if there's any chance of me & fellow Mach fishers (probably only 1 or 2) tagging along, after the next three weekends?

Cheers - John

·
Registered
35 Posts
hello again John, I can't see us going up there this side of christmas, but if we do i will certainly let you know, sadly we only do about two comps up there a year, again it always the summer we fish it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts