World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I would like to fish the breakwater, possibly this weekend and I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether is has railings etc as I would like to take my kids.

I don't want them falling off and becoming a statistic!

I usually fish around Mackerel Rock, Porth Dafarch and the coast along to Trearddur but access isn't good for kids.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Stuart

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
There is a wall on the outside and the end, but no railings on the indside.
Also from the top it is quite a drop onto the lower level with no railings.

It sounds unsafe but alot of people take their children. I think a few of us will be fishing it on a species hunt around 10.30am ish Saturday morning.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tozer,

I will probably come along and have a look.

I am always looking for easy access places to fish (especially around Anglesey) as my eldest son (7) likes the idea of fishing but the last time I took him to Mackerel Rock he slipped (just grazed his arm but could have been worse).

When I last fished Mackerel Rock myself and a mate had a load of doggies but not much else (bit early in the season) but just as we were about to pack up a large grey seal came round and tried to strip the lines of baiot and dogifsh. It was a great feeling to be so close to such a large wild animal, although if we had been into Bass I am not sure we would have felt the same!

Thanks

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
I just checked the tides, I don't think we will be there until the afternoon.

But yeha with children it is well worth a look.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts