World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Going to Holyhead in june for the Eisteddfod (hope i spelt it correctly) Can anyone tell me of any marks close by? this will tell me whether i need to take my main tackle or just a carp rod or two. Cheers.</font>

J

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>just re-started fishing again due to doctor&#39;s orders for stress relieave..went to ty-croes camp last night and last tuesday and got my first ever thornback.the one i caught on tuesday was a good size approx 7-8lb..but the one i caught last night was at least 12lb..and boy what a fight..you could also go th holyhead break water for some nice whitting and doggies..but if you want bass..it got to be early morning on the meani straights</font>

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Hi sam, comments like that dont help your cause, maybe there is a lack of contributors from north wales or they are busy and dont have the time to answer your questions due to commitments. If the worse comes to the worst dont get disheartened by lack of response, pick up your yellow pages and look for tackle shops in the target area and give them a ring, im sure they would be more then willing to disclose information to you. Anyhow tight lines and good luck with the trip.</font>

S

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>The breakwater is good but snaggy if fishing the outside - don&#39;t know if the harbou&#39;s any good. This time of year is good for pollock. There&#39;s a whole load of rock marks around porth dafarch, and treaddur bay, and there&#39;s also ty croes, as in the previouse post, which should produce a few wrass.</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts