World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Specimen Hunter
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just stepped off the plane and got a phone call, my friend Paul asksif i want to go out on a boat for the day, "im in glasgow just of the plane m8", "what time will you get here at" he asks "about 11" i said so they hold the trip and its a mad dash to stranraer, 2 hours sleep in nearly 2 days :crazy:

I get to the house drop my bags and leave my bewilderd girlfriend with all to unpack ( i know, im bad ) grab rods and stuff then away we go,

Burt ( Mathew Burret )picks us up and we go to pick up "On yer marks too"

We launch from port logan and quickly stock up on some mackerel,
we set about going for some pollock, the boys float fish a strip of mackerel, and i use a little silver spinner this resulted in 3 pollock for me around the 2lb mark

we move to another mark and the boys start hitting pollock on the float, time for me to change tactics, well if you cant beat em, join em :)

we started hitting pollock around 2 to 3lb when Darren a coplete novice hits in to the biggest pollock of our trip landed

We then set about going for some tope, Paul and my self and Burt fished light rods between us landing whiting, gurnards, codling and mackerel,
during this time one of the ratchets started to run and stop and run and stop, was it a tope?
Paul took to the task of hooking into and playing the fish which took quite a bit of hauling up when the worst happend, PING! and the line went slack, the hook came out,

Still after a tope im in a daze when i see a piculier bird, i shout to the boys ive just seen a puffin, they go to look but it has dived and they laugh at me saying im seeing things and need some sleep

it pops up in the distance so tired as i am i grab my camera and snap it in the distance, ive zoomed in and trimmed this pic so it might not be good on screen but i got it lol

We had a tremedous run from a tope on another rod the ratchet screaming but failed to get this one into the boat aswell, you win some you loose some

Never got many pics i was very tired but it was a great day out and the banter was brilliant!
It might not be sunny and roasting but its good to be home

Cheers burt and the boys

·
Specimen Hunter
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry for the double post but i couldnt leave Paul out the frame

Im still half asleep :laugh:

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
624 Posts
nice 1 u mustve been like :crazy:

·
Registered
627 Posts
mention work we have jet lag,:yawn:mention fishing and were brand new:bounce: funny that isnt it, good piccies where were you fishing for the tope at logan? cheers m8

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Well done :clap3: im sure you will get a Tope next time your out guys. Nice report and pictures, keep up the good work.

Steven

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
great report and pics :thumbs:

unlucky losing the tope, but ye know its there for next time :D

ps , smart looking wee bird the Puffin. well done getting a piccy off one. :clap:

·
Registered
746 Posts
great report and pics :thumbs:

unlucky losing the tope, but ye know its there for next time :D

ps , smart looking wee bird the Puffin. well done getting a piccy off one. :clap:
hi
yes its very frustrating loosing a tope espeicaly when the bites are few and far between at the moment.

cheers
matty

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
i gotta admit ive only had one tope but its a dam good drenaline rush when u get one
this year i want more poss a bigger one

also are the makkies far out from beach area's

·
Registered
746 Posts
i gotta admit ive only had one tope but its a dam good drenaline rush when u get one
this year i want more poss a bigger one

also are the makkies far out from beach area's
hi
I located then offshore a little but a dont seehow they aint close in as i had one take a mackeral strip for pollock,
matty

·
Registered
826 Posts
Looks like yous had a crackin day guys. I'm gonna try for a tope this weekend from the shore....fingers crossed eh lol. I'd jump at a chance to get out on a boat again :( lucky buggers ;)

·
Specimen Hunter
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@ captainfishy, we wern that far off port logan, so if they are there i would imagine they would be all around, but as burt says bites are scarcer than what they normaly are, something to do with the breeding cycle i think :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts