World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to re-map a 75 up to a 90HP on the Honda. It's 2009 engine.

Regards.

·
Registered
11,701 Posts
In theory it would be possible - after all it's often the only difference in many outboards of the same size but different power ratings - however finding someone who can do it is the trick, not surprsingly the manufacturers make such things very difficult or people would always just buy the lower powered engines and get them remapped to the higher power.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Clinker,
That was my thoughts. I have just bought a raider 18 and thinking it might be a wee bit under powered. But as it's a low hours engine it would be worth doing.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I think Headlight looked at that possibility a while back, might have been some other parts that were different, exhaust etc. I work in the OE automotive world quite a bit and sometimes the general public perception of engines being the same isn't quite that simple, often things like injector flow rates, patterns and operating pressures are different.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ta for that Spark

I know that it's the same block but your right. I thought I'd ask the question before I look at swapping engines.

Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts