World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if this area is fishable? I heard it is off limits, due to it being important spawning grounds or something...

·
Registered
457 Posts
Its off the A228 going toward the Isle of Gain. the village is called Hoo St Werburgh.you get to it by going down Vicarage Lane
The marina is used by the Hoo Ness Yacht Club

·
Registered
94 Posts
hoo marina is not generally regarded as a suitable place for fishing....i would suggest trying around upnor.This area should provide eels,schooling bass and does produce Codling when theyre up the Medway.I would imagine you could probably catch eels at hoo and possibly mullet but the creeks around that area are well worth a try.Take peelers if you can get them.....Its worth having a look in that area for suitable places to dig Maddies (harbour rag).....sorry i cant be of more help....let us know how you get on though and good luck

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers for the info. I was checking out google earth and there is pinisular there that looked like a potential spot...

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Does anyone know if this area is fishable? I heard it is off limits, due to it being important spawning grounds or something...
Hoo marina is good, but you need to go for a half mile walk from the marina. You can park in the car park or you could drive down passed the Kingfisher carp lakes to the end of the track and park, (can be boggy after a good rain fall) you need to walk towards the power station. Behind you will be the canals, and there is a T junction at one point, inline with this on the beach side is a small gully which fills first as the tide comes in, there are mussel beds either side of this gully, which attracts the school bass, decent eels, sole and good size flounder to over 2lb and the odd Plaice.
Spring tides are best. For the decent Flounder you need to target them in November December, when you will still be pestered by fast hitting bass.
Try coloured beads on flowing traces for the flounders. Also good for light float gear. Lug, maddies and small king rag can be dug here, but a bit muddy.

(Too busy to enjoy the pleasures of fishing) Woll :schmoll:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers WW. The track that goes past the lake now has a barrier so you cannot access the sea wall from there now. Had a go at Upnor the other night. Got locked in the car park which was a bit of pain. Had to knock up someone from the Arathusa centre. Not a bad spot. Had a few codling (suprise) and a few eels, but will defo give it another go as there are some nice mussel beds there too. Maybe a chance of a sole..?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Hi mate, there are loads of good little areas around the Medway for sole and bass, especially around Upnor.
Pity you can't fish St Marys Island, I worked on the build of the houses and had a good olod recki of the area, possible get away with a late night session along there some time, near the dock cranes. Keep trying theres plenty around.
Maddies are No 1 for the sole, if you can get some decent size worms.

Wally Woll

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got a mate that lives over at St Mary's. He said you get a few people fishing there (mostly at night). He said he wasn't sure if you were allowed to fish there though. Have to google earth the area again...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts