World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you have trouble with un hooking fish, when u cut the hook off the line what happens to the fish, does it get hurt?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
the fish should be ok but a little irritated, which is exactly why they get so nasty when you catch them again. but if you could not unhook the one in your picture you really should get some help!! :)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no thats ane example of of what i ment i have neva been near to catching one of them

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Hi Jakeb.
As long as you are not using stainless steel hooks,it will disintegrate in sea water within a couple of days.The fish may even manage to expel it by itself.Either way it shouldn`t do the fish much damage as long as it `s not too deeply hooked.
Hope this helps mate.
Terry F. :)

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
Jake don't worry to much about your fishing everybody starts somewhere and you will find that making mistakes is all part of the learning.

you have done the best thing by joinig a good forum, I been fishing 13 years and have learnt some good stuff off some of the guys on here. there's always something to learn

I think most anglers are learning all the time. not one person can know everything

All the best and get out on the beach and enjoy it wether you catch or not!

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Jakeb

If fish have swallowed the hook and unable to get hook out cut the snood line as near as possible to the hook.

Woodster

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Jake pleeeeeeease go fishing-take on board all you've read here and catch something decent I'm really looking forward to the day your profile changes from a goby to a really decent bass-and then you can come down to South Wales and show me how to do it :)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
by not gettin the swallowed hook out wouldnt it die a slow death

·
Registered
633 Posts
Hi Jake. As others have said, dont worry about leaving a hook in a fish, they soon drop out and it does a lot less harm than ham-fisted attempts at removal. Fish will also continue to feed with a hook left in its mouth. I have twice caught fish that have broken free from other anglers that have had hooks in them. Probably the best and easiest way to remove an awkward hook in my opinion, is the Gemini disgorger. I have never found a hook that one of these little beauties can't shift (even doggies that have bolted the hook out of site). They are brilliant.

·
Registered
851 Posts
They would rust quite quickly mate, you should take a look in my rig wallet, haha!

Even if the hook didn't get shed or dissolve, better to give the fish a fighting chance, the rest is out of your hands.

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
hi jakeb ,dont worry about the fish the falls out after couple of days,as long as the go back ok.shaggy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts