World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a quick look in the international forums at my post.
I hope it makes you jealous.
I visit this spot about 5-6 times per year. Its a fair drive being about 1100 miles round trip and requires a 4x4 to get in and out.
The last 100 miles is off road and narrow sandy tracks making it a rough and bumpy ride.
However due to its location its a place where many won't venture.

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66954

Google Steep Point for our little website.

Stax

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rex did a feature on Dirk Hartog Island, which can be see to the left of the ariel photo. He was about 60 miles north of Steep Point. The fishing is very similar and the water just as deep.

Getting the Sailfish up the cliff is not an easy task. With the use of a Cliff Gaff and a few strong bodies its possible.

Most of the time when a Sailfish is caught it is released at the bottom of the cliff by cutting the line. Its better than killing these beauties just for a photo.

Large sharks are very common here as the whole area is called "Shark Bay".
Large Bronze Whalers and Tiger Sharks to 14 feet are seen cruising past, mostly chasing your catch. Many a head has been caught from here.

Talk again soon.

Stax

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I visit this spot about 5-6 times per year. Its a fair drive being about 1100 miles round trip and requires a 4x4 to get in and out.
The last 100 miles is off road and narrow sandy tracks making it a rough and bumpy ride.

Stax
You never could stop boasting :nonono:

...and why you no reply to email :g:

Seriously though, welcome aboard mate.

Signed
ex-Tamerton fishing buddy

·
Registered
409 Posts
Quote's Hopefully I’ll make you jealous! and PS note the number plate.

Lmao Bruce you must have big wide doors in your house that's all I can say.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry codbasher3 no big wide doors required here mate. Hehe.
Having lived in UK for first 18 years of my life, also lived in US, Canada and NZ, now in Perth you learn just how well off you are.
This isn't a brag but Perth has great weather, long summers, short mild winters, safe streets for the kids, and generally a great outdoor lifestyle so its hard for me not to think back to my days in UK and compare.
The fishing is second to none. Where do you know that you can land base fish for the type of fish I have already shown. That is just the start, I can offer about another 30-50 pictures of huge Spanish, Tuna, Sharks, Cod (400lb'ers) Reef Fish of great colour, Whales swimming past your feet, Turtles the size of a bath tub swimming slowly past, Dolphins in pods of hundreds, Manta Rays 15 feet across gliding past, Cobia, 100lb of killing machine swimming under the Manta Rays nailing anything that moves close by, Tiger Sharks smashing your catch, yes your 50lb Spanish Mackeral total mauled and now only weighing 10lb. Photos of this to come.
And thats still only a start.

Life is good. Enjoy it!

Stax

·
Registered
280 Posts

Stax
You've succeeded. I'm jealous.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts

Stax
go on sport have a tinnie on me

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
:g: Think i will stick to Soufend Pier catch wooper fish there mate and a train to run you daan there,we had a nice drinking hole as well but locals got the ump with it and fired it belive a bloke from Soufend was responsible as i read on here he likes starting fires :g:

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Sorry codbasher3 no big wide doors required here mate. Hehe.
Having lived in UK for first 18 years of my life, also lived in US, Canada and NZ, now in Perth you learn just how well off you are.
This isn't a brag but Perth has great weather, long summers, short mild winters, safe streets for the kids, and generally a great outdoor lifestyle so its hard for me not to think back to my days in UK and compare.
The fishing is second to none. Where do you know that you can land base fish for the type of fish I have already shown. That is just the start, I can offer about another 30-50 pictures of huge Spanish, Tuna, Sharks, Cod (400lb'ers) Reef Fish of great colour, Whales swimming past your feet, Turtles the size of a bath tub swimming slowly past, Dolphins in pods of hundreds, Manta Rays 15 feet across gliding past, Cobia, 100lb of killing machine swimming under the Manta Rays nailing anything that moves close by, Tiger Sharks smashing your catch, yes your 50lb Spanish Mackeral total mauled and now only weighing 10lb. Photos of this to come.
And thats still only a start.

Life is good. Enjoy it!

Stax
brilliantly put mate!!!thats why me ,the wife and baby are moving to brisbane in september!!!!whaaaaaa hoooooooooooooo!!!cant wait:clap3:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts