World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Hi all,anyone know how hope's nose is fishing at the momebt?Got some boys from the Mother Country want to come down soon.Always had good results in later summer months.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Watcha Mate,

I too am from Gods country (St. Athan), now live in S. Devon. Hopes nose is currently the exclusive preserve of self-centred lobster fishermen at the moment. They have surrounded the point akin to the approached to a U-Boat pen being mined. Lost five rigs today (possibly one with a fish on - poor thing). I can only assume once they have dessimated the lobster population they will move on, judging by the number of pots there, they obviously think the seabed is carpeted with them.
May I suggest Berry Head or Babbacombe, if its just mackeral you want then short cast on Hopes Nose will still get you amngst them.
Take care.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Valeman said:
Watcha Mate,

I too am from Gods country (St. Athan), now live in S. Devon. Hopes nose is currently the exclusive preserve of self-centred lobster fishermen at the moment. They have surrounded the point akin to the approached to a U-Boat pen being mined. Lost five rigs today (possibly one with a fish on - poor thing). I can only assume once they have dessimated the lobster population they will move on, judging by the number of pots there, they obviously think the seabed is carpeted with them.
May I suggest Berry Head or Babbacombe, if its just mackeral you want then short cast on Hopes Nose will still get you amngst them.
Take care.

Wassup butty? Thanx for the tip off bro', don't think i'll be hitting that spot this weekend then!By the way,where in S.Devon r u living?I'm in P
lymouth,if u want to come out with me and the boys you're more than welcome!Might hit Salcombe on sunday,the plaice are beginning to show there and I'm
working right opposite.

CYMRU AM BYTH!
Jay

·
Registered
23 Posts
Taffy Jay,
I am just o/s Newton Abbot, cannot make Sunday (working), am focusing on a session on Thursday at East Portlemouth if the rain eases soon. If it does'nt will try the sea proper, probably Berry Head.
Whereabouts in Wales are you from, I used to fish all along S. Wales coast, still manage a rare trip to Witches Point, Aberthaw or Barry.
Take care
Valeman

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Valeman said:
Taffy Jay,
I am just o/s Newton Abbot, cannot make Sunday (working), am focusing on a session on Thursday at East Portlemouth if the rain eases soon. If it does'nt will try the sea proper, probably Berry Head.
Whereabouts in Wales are you from, I used to fish all along S. Wales coast, still manage a rare trip to Witches Point, Aberthaw or Barry.
Take care
Valeman

I'm from the Rhondda Valley,place called Ton-Pentre just down from Treorchy.
Used to fish Porthcawl a lot,the deeps just off ogmore also quite a few marks up west in the summer.Haven't fished any-where in Wales for about 4 years.
Last time was a codding session on the mud flats at Magor.
Get in touch when you fancy a session.Should be going this Sunday.Also to East Portlemouth.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Was gonna try the nose but if there are pots there i wont bother. Next time i go i will take me big knife, snorkle and mask. Lobster pots make great prawn traps. Is there ant laws with regards to how many pots a allowed per sq mile?????? :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1 Posts
i went to hopes nose with my frends yesterday ther were about 3 of us and altogever we cort about 50 maceral:laugh:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Watcha Mate,

Take care.
just a quick question if you dont mind mate.
how close can i expect these pots to be.

·
Registered
22,792 Posts
Watcha Mate,

Take care.
The snagged fish(poor thing) could of been avoided if you hadnt kept on fishing when you knew the pots and ropes were there???????:g:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts