World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OH YES. At last

2 Mulloway tonight. 25kg & 30kg. Just on dusk, the 25kg croker smashed a big squid head. Took 20 mins to beach it. Couldn't belive my eyes. Biggest mulloway I had ever caught. Just got it back to the quad when my other rod got smashed. Luckily I was using my alvey reel and had 600m 20lb line on it, coz this fish had other ideas. After smashing a live whiting, it dragged me nearly 1 km down the beach. 45 mins later she was beached. I tried to do the righty, and put her back; but she was floating upside down and wouldnt have made it. I dont know if youve ever tried carrying 30kg fish 1 km along a steeply sheving soft beach; but I can recommend it.

What fun......

Attachments

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Couple more piccies. My head hurts this morning..... Must have been the celebratory bottle of tequila.... Ouch..
wow! Omar - thats the dogs - well done indeed mate (if aussieland wasnt so far and all that)

I would so love to do one of them on light plugging gear!

where did you get the quad btw?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quad belongs to a mate of mine. Hes gone up to Perth for the week, said I could use it. BTW, next week we are buying one of our own.....

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Quad belongs to a mate of mine. Hes gone up to Perth for the week, said I could use it. BTW, next week we are buying one of our own.....
lol nice one - send those pics to Sam to pee him off.

very very nice fish - Im well impressed

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
I am not worthy to ever talk about catching fish again, what the hell do I know, I am playing with tadpoles in a tiddler net compared to this. Well done mate that is awesome:notworthy

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Lovely fish there mate, just hope the beach fishing in and around Caines is just as good when I arrive shortly.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Omsk.

what a great session you had there matey . you waited long enough
for one,!!!!!! then you go and do the double well done ,
may be one of these :wheelchai with a motor on may ease the pain of walkin back to camp!!!!!:headhurt:

Oh well we can only dream of that kind of fish :cry:
Oh well back to bass plugging i suppose :doh:

Regards Bob

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Next on the list is one of those biiiiiiiiiiig bronzies that keep stealing all my line. Weathers perfect at the mo. Still winter, but shorts n tees during the day.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No worries. I'm still buzzing plenty about those fish. They were Friday evening and my arms n shoulders are only just relaxing.

We are in Hopetoun, WA. On the south coast of WA 300km east of Albany or 200km west of Esperance. Very small community with plenty of empty beaches and beer.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:sun:OK Here tiz. This weeks Sunday Times (Albeit WA Times & not Blighty). Fame at last. Qualitys not the best; el cheeeepo scanner see. If you zoom in a bit, the text gets better.

Funny how many people are really very keen to know exactly where the fish were caught. Ha Ha, a couple of red herrings thrown out for good measure should keep them at bay........

Attachments

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
:sun:OK Here tiz. This weeks Sunday Times (Albeit WA Times & not Blighty). Fame at last. Qualitys not the best; el cheeeepo scanner see. If you zoom in a bit, the text gets better.

Funny how many people are really very keen to know exactly where the fish were caught. Ha Ha, a couple of red herrings thrown out for good measure should keep them at bay........
Well done Omar! - hope to see you in jersey in October so you can show us how its done why did they use the picture of you holding a schoolie btw? :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Aye aye Tom, you will indeed see us in Jersey. Aiming to get there on the 14th n leave on the 17th Oct. Surely the Armies of Darkness will gather for that one eh.......

As to showing you how its done, you'll have to prise me away from the radiators. Its been a while since I fished a UK Nov... BRRRRRR. We must be maaad.

Try to save some bass for me eh Bob!!!!

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Omsk.
well done on making the local rag , some fish . :notworthy
may be we will save a bass or two for the visiting friends :kissing:
A few nice bass coming up off the shore at the moment so who knows
last year it was won with a bass of 15lb . Taken near the main harbour.
Its anyones competition

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey, would you believe it???? Got into the paper again this week. Won the August prize with the 30kg mulloway.

More fame than I can handle. Gonna have to bling up my tackle box a bit......

Attachments

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Hey, would you believe it???? Got into the paper again this week. Won the August prize with the 30kg mulloway.

More fame than I can handle. Gonna have to bling up my tackle box a bit......
lol - the kid got the headline though :giveup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts