World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so combined with birthday and also having a few days off work, I'm hoping to get out and about and take my first session fishing in 15years or so. Got all the bits I needed, made traces up and just need to get bait. However, my timing isn't great. I can only get out this afternoon for a few hours which I notice is low tide time... and Monday will be in the afternoon.

So anywhere fish well at low tide? I know Dungie used to be good at both. Failing that then I might get out early Wednesday morning and fish the high tide as it's supposed to be around 10.00am ish. In which case anywhere fishing really well during the day?

Thanks

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok so it's now likely to be Wednesday morning. Anyone recomend somewhere? Was thinking Kingsdown but if someone can recommend somewhere else that is fishing well.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any ideas?

G

·
Hi there siaus22, I don't know about kingsdown although there is a report on her at the moment.

Wednesday tide will be somewhere late morning and hopefully the wind will be southwesterly and light.

You might want to try anywhere along the coast from Sandwich bay to Kingsdown.
I don't know how the daytime tides are fishing as mostly I fish at night.

We have always done quite well at sandown groynes, near sandown castle. I think most people go somewhere between the coastguard station and godwin road.
If it is nice weather and you want to get out of the way of holidaymakers, then go past sandown castle and up towards Sandwich bay.

I am sure there are people on here who have fished along that stretch lately and may be able to tell you more.

Malcolm.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers for that. Anyone fished round there in the day time recently? If not anywhere else except maybe Dungeness (first time in a while and remember what that can be like) that is fishing well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts