World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to Horam to have some casting practice this morning, walked to the far end and sent a 175g lead on its way - i was convinced the field was as long as the st bedes field, well its not!!
After walking to my lead i found it on the edge of the car park caught on some wood so guys dont bother the field is not big enough!, very decieving it looked an easy 200m plus but across the diagonal its around 200m and the width is only 180m, i used my measuring wheel and followed the painted lines.
Packed up and went home! should of gone to st bedes!!
Steve.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
That's always the problem with finding a field to cast in. It has to be safe in all directions not just for casts that stay together but for the very real possiblility of big crack offs - 300 metre crack offs do happen very often. Not just for big hitters.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
its where it ****ing belongs ! inthe sea along with your 15 foot flexible friend! :clap2:

·
The people's moral compass
12,846 Posts
That's always the problem with finding a field to cast in. It has to be safe in all directions not just for casts that stay together but for the very real possiblility of big crack offs - 300 metre crack offs do happen very often. Not just for big hitters.
its where it ****ing belongs ! inthe sea along with your 15 foot flexible friend! :clap2:
not so flexible cos you didn't manage to put a bend in it!! :bleh::bleh:

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
you can measure fields using google earth

when you mentioned a field at Horam, i looked on there for the field i thought it must be, measured it and thought that i must be looking in the wrong place

keep looking ;)

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you can measure fields using google earth

when you mentioned a field at Horam, i looked on there for the field i thought it must be, measured it and thought that i must be looking in the wrong place

keep looking ;)
cheers Mark,
i will measure it prior to going next time - very decieving though,

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts