World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out the answer to my question. Horden does not fish at low water!
Or mid water! Or high water!!

Unbeleevable!!!

Started fishing using fresh peeler, rag, lug and squid at 11.30pm feeding crabs until 3.30am when I had my first slight knock, two more slight knocks till the sun came up, collected my cheque book and pen on the way back to the car.

Not a sole on the beach, still could be worse could have been at work.

Hopefully I will report my first catch since joining the site soon.

·
Registered
11,131 Posts
its like that everywhere at the minute. its that time of year when most winter species have moved off shore to spawn leaving only small juviniles for us to scratch for until the summer species arrive. try getting yourself up to the river mouths or on the end of piers into deeper water to increase your chances.

there is the odd fish coming off the beaches and the chance of actually catching a ray are very slim. the plaice caught from horden the other day are a daytime fish into clean water.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking about Roker tonight with the bait I have left.

Just thought I would try for a thorny as I have never had one.

·
Registered
168 Posts
horden does fish at low water but its a case of knowing were to fish! if you pm x cast on here he will tell you were to fish and wot times of the tide each place. There has been a few rays off horden in the last couple of weeks as well as other stuff.

but like dabcatcher says its been daylight or early evening when the fishing has been at its best.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts