World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Has anyone fished Hornsea beach or anywhere near of late? how's it fishing and what is being caught on what?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi there (or not)
No answer was the answer! so I will guess then! gonna give Chapel Point a go on the strength of the overwhelming! no show. Have fished Hornsea twice and still not sure as to again? guess not.P.R man

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great pics mate, I will have to do a bit of info searching to locate marks and parking for this place. Great to hear of diff species being caught too. Nice one.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Hi Sean, I was the guy you spoke to at Aldborough on Friday night, who you gave the peelers to. Not so productive for me, one tiny codling smaller than the bait! Did you get much after I left?Haven't been since then, I'll be back there as soon as I get the chance, after some of those elusive thornbacks

P.R. Man, - Regarding info on Hornsea, I've fished Hornsea regularly over the winter, but haven't been since March and haven't heard any reports from there for a long time. No doubt the whiting will be mostly gone now, replaced by school bass. There are bigger bass to be had aswell, if you're lucky.
If you want numbers of smaller bass I would suggest fishing at close range, casting just behind the last wave, using large king-ragworm baits. For the bigger bass you're probably better using either peeler or a whole squid, casting out further. Low tide can be productive, especially when there's a few waves rolling in. A flat calm night can also throw up some decent fish.
Also a chance of thornbacks at Hornsea, I had two last year but these were out of season, in October. I don't think Hornsea is reputed for the big numbers of them, but they do appear now and then. Dogfish are another possibility.

I think the local experts fish further down the coast for the skate and smoothhounds, I've not done much summer fishing on this coastline so can't really advise on this. I'm sure someone will have more detailed info, have a look at the Holderness Coast website.
By the way, how did you get on at Cromer?

Regards, Graeme.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Small world isnt it Graeme,nice talking to you mate.I dont think I had any more after you left,Macky got a slug on his last cast though:)

The 2 codling and the schoolie were caught about 5 yards out in the gulley,plus I caught a pipefish in my hands when we waded back across it off of the sand bank-just shows how close the fish come in given the right conditions.Still it was another nice evening out and I got to put another face to a name which is always a bonus:)

Hope to see you out again sometime mate.

Sean.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Didn't fish Cromer in the end. Fished Trimmingham. Glad I did even tho it wasn't particularly productive. Had two 8oz Codling and a small Dab. I go down regularly to inlaws in Norwich so this was a nice place to find and am sure I will have more productive days there.

As for Hornsea I will go with the advice and try find marks and parking etc for the Holderness coast, have a P.M regarding Mappleton which sounds promising but am always seeking new marks so any info greatly appreciated.
Regards
P.R man

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
[quote="My God Cod";613988]Didn't fish Cromer in the end. Fished Trimmingham. Glad I did even tho it wasn't particularly productive. Had two 8oz Codling and a small Dab. I go down regularly to inlaws in Norwich so this was a nice place to find and am sure I will have more productive days there.

As for Hornsea I will go with the advice and try find marks and parking etc for the Holderness coast, have a P.M regarding Mappleton which sounds promising but am always seeking new marks so any info greatly appreciated.
Regards
P.R man[/quote]

If you want any help drop me an email mate:thumbs:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts