World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A pal from work mentioned that his son was mad keen on fishing and had been watching all the extreme sea angling videos, and wanted to have a go at beach fishing. After a quick call to East Coast Angling, and a check of the weather forecast to show low winds, we met at the car park just as the holiday hordes were leaving the beach. The wraps of fresh blacks had not turned up, so instead we were offered 20 of the largest, fattest yellowtails. Warm, empty beach. Perfect. Off we go. First cast, 3o seconds in water, rattle, nice dab for me. Half an hour later, good pull on my bass rod, nice dover sole. Keeper.
Eoin is practicing his casting and reeling in, and Dad and I are having a natter when he shouts 'Dad I've got one!' Fair old bend in the rod and I thought he was stuck, but no, reels in a nice flounder for his first ever fish. An hour later he gets a 3-bearded rockling to make his night.
IMG_0217.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
976 Posts
A pal from work mentioned that his son was mad keen on fishing and had been watching all the extreme sea angling videos, and wanted to have a go at beach fishing. ATTACH=full]1274543[/ATTACH]
Well done to you for taking the time to teach a young lad a skill that he will hopefully get a lifetime of pleasure from, and gain a lot of good friends from. Respect to you. :rofl::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
You can't beat a day out with your son when your a dad and when you're a kid and your dad takes you to do something exciting, there's no bigger hero than dad!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts