World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>hi guys,
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; First post here so hello to everyone. I am fairly new to sea fishing and have just bought my own gear, and rig making stuff. I am fishing at Hornsea in a week and was wondering what rigs bait and tactics to use? I know that its a clean mark with little or no snags, I am especially interested in catching dog fish as rock salmon is one of my wifes favourite fish, hope I am right in assuming that rock salmon is dog fish? I know some anglers think they are a pain, but as a newbie anything is welcome&#33;&#33; Any advice greatfully appreciated,
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Thanks &nbsp;Fram.</font>

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
<font color='#000000'>the dogfish are well gone now m8
nothing much really doing from the holderness beaches , just odd small bass
but try sandeel or squid on a night, ya never know there could be a odd doggie still around

macky</font>

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font color='#000000'>hi macky,
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Thanks for that, I am new to the sport so forgive my lack of knowledge in the old fish department, I know the fishing gets better in the winter, but was hoping that it might still be productive, going next friday night for a go anyway, wish me luck,
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Cheers fram</font>

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
<font color='#000000'>good luck
let me know hw u get on

april/may is the best time for doggies on this coast
soon after they just seem to disapear

roll on winter when the cod and whiting will be here</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts