World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#810541'>Thanks rukai&#33;
Your information appears to be up to date. I had a word with the shopkeeper of the tackle shop in Barry. He confirmed that Aberthaw is the best place to go at the moment. It produces only smoothhounds on crab baits and also a few eels. Very rocky, needs rotten-bottom rigs.
Denzle, thanks for the advice. When I fished in Porthcawl two weeks ago, the lady in the local tackle shop and some local "experienced angler" advised me that  the Ogmore estuary and  the Ogmore "Deeps" were not fishing well at the time, and I did not try them. Most probably a mistake?
I had a word with Clive - the shopkeeper in "Gary Evans" tackle shop in Newport.( By my opinion the most reliable chap for up to date information on where it fishes well at the moment).
He confirmed that the best marks at the moment are Aberthaw and Monknash, bat guess what?
He just told me that TRIGGER FISH have shown up at Monknash. Fish up to 3.5lb have been cought on crab baits. The mark fishes at low tide.
On his advise I will go to the Goldcliff(Newport) on Saturday morning to fish for flaties at high tide until 1pm, and than off to Monknash to get "trigger happy";)
If you come at the place - say hello. I will be the awkward looking block with funny Bulgarian accent, fishing with fixed spool reels who cannot cast further than 70 yards.

PS There are trigger fish at the Mumbles as well.</font>

R

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>your welcome Vlad

just enjoy your day fishing.</font>

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Hi Vlad,

Can you eat Trigger Fish?

Cheers

Drew</font>

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font color='#810541'>Hi Drew&#33;

Clive - the shopkeeper - told me that the trigger fish is edible.
The Australians call it "leather-jack" and my old friend - Rex Hunt insists it&#39;s delicious.
If the Australians eat it so could we.
I hope we don&#39;t catch the accent

I&#39;ll let you know( if I catch any that is).</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts