World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone no any good spots to fish of i have a small fishing boat but not sure were to fish went of st osyth today but got nothing ive heard of a good place about 2 mile of st osyth near a yellow boy is this true?

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have fished that area all my life and sorry to say havent had much luck in and around the estuary area at all. This time of the year there are a few schoolie bass and eels to ragworm bait.
I used to fish from a small dinghy from Holland haven and had better luck-about a mile or so straight out from the sailing club. using squid/fish baits for Thornbacks etc. in summer and lug in winter for Cod and Whiting.
About a mile off Lee wick beach there are a few deep holes which in good weather you can see from the disturbed surface as the current shifts/rises over the holes. If you have a fish finder they will appear as quite large holes-about 50 metres across. They occasionaly throw up the odd bigger bass etc (if you can get away from the ****y tralwers that zig zag across them all the time!)
If you can tow your boat try the Stour estuary between Harwich and Manningtree for Bass etc in very shallow water-even amongst the anchored sailing boats close in.
Be carefull of the tides there though as the water can be very shallow at low tide and you could find yourself high and dry on a mud flat until the next tide rises.
Its usually very sheltered there and is a pretty good general area for a small boat-especially in weather that would not allow you to get offshore further.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts