World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Coatbridge Angler
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taken wife for short break start of september fri-mon she want to go to oban well ok i said but the price for a hotel is over the top can anyone suggest a hotel around the taynuilt / tyndrum area which wont be more than £50 a night or even in Oban:whistling i was at etive 2 weeks ago and i seen a hotel just outside taynuilt £30 a night b/b but cant remember the name.Please help the other reason is then i can get to spend a few hours on etive...:whistling

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
taynuilt hotel 01866 822437, must recomend their stake and ale pie it very nice alwas look forward to that before i head back down home wen ive been at etive.

G

·
ther is a few b and bs up at loch etive, sorry but dont remember there names.......search b and bs on internet ;o)

·
Coatbridge Angler
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have look at this mate this was the first one i looked at but they are charging £80 a night £240 for three nights if i cant get any thing cheaper this will be the place . but a hotel or b&b for less than £240 for three nights must be somewere ?:help:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Taynuilt caravan park? Bit of thebanjoes playin toit but cheap as chips n ull have room for all your gear n a freezer for ya bait. Also u n the missus can do your besttorock the van aff its foundations!!!!!! Plus nice bit of river at backof v small park. Or change tack altogether n go to castle bay near portpatrick or a nice chalet at barrend near sandhead- private carplake on door step- u can bbq your catch- not the carp obviously. Always thought hotels over rated, over priced n lackin in privacy n freedom- HERES TO BREAKFAST IN THE BUFF!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Or try Ian n Douglas wot run da boats on etive- may have local gen on 07801590235- happy huntin- dontforget avon s s soft- great lube !!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sorry me again Oban is a BIT OF A PIT ANYWAY- Tacky tourist tartan rip off mis sold general disgrace to the wholey poOr scottish tourist industry-- in my OPINION.gET A good base n go your own way. I undrstand the missus wants 5 * pampering but that is so dear and I am sure u could provide a superior sevicin with a bit of planninn careful shopin for fine delicacey en route.Enough from me defo.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Paula's no gonny let you go fishing on a romantic weekend ya daftie! You'll no have any money left for a boat anyway with those hotel prices, remember, the best things in life are free!!!!:whistling

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Our angling party stayed in the Kelvin hotel in Oban, B&B cost around £38 and evening meals were excellent and quite cheap. Licenced non smoking hotel. Only drawback was it had no parking facilities, but a pay and display car park across the road from front of hotel. Situated at the ferry terminal.
If returning to fish for skate, would certainly go back to the Kelvin.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts