World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and galls!

First post. Been fishing Loch Fyne at Inveraray pier for a few weeks and caught lots of Mak. BUT!

I want to try catching other fish and trying different spots, could someone tell me where to go and what to use to catch other fish? I use feathers/spin for Mak just now, wanna try some bait, but I cant really be bothered getting a boat, so it has to be shore fishing. Please help! Ta

Jay :boat:

·
Registered
826 Posts
Inveraray pier is meant to be good fishing for dogfish. Wouldn't think you would even need to cast that far either. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never ever see anyone bait fishing from the pier strangely...

How do you go about catching Haddock or cod?

P.S. Slight beginner to sea fishing, done it a good few times but I'm no master

·
Registered
851 Posts
Try using some of the mackeral you caught as bait,try fishing at Furnace quarry for doggies, conger, Pollock,and a few other species, Cairndow for doggies and rays, or basically anywhere on the coast if you can find deeper water,you will catch something.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
hi jay try a wee bit further up the road at furnace plenty pollock to lures and jellie worms drop a worm bait down the side for plenty wrasse, small codling ,doggies are always eager to take a mackie strip rigs for dogs just bait up a set of feathers as good as anything , but inverary pier will get you a host of species also just use a fixed paternoster with small hooks for mini species and larger hooks bit further out for chance of a thornie and more dogs

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm I tried posting a reply but it didnt go up :S Anyway!

Thanks for the comments guys. So basically I can fish any where around the loch as long as it's deep enough, use a mix of baits and I'll catch something?

I tried a wee bit of bait using mak, trying to describe where we went, it was almost directly facing he pire at INveraray only it was on the other side of the loch, not ideal though, rocky and weedy, and caught bugger all. Only fished there for like 40 mins though, on the way home. And I got frazzled in the sun, my nose is still peeling!!

Keep commenting, helps alot! :)

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts