World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after some advice from you guys and some research going to try catch me a hound tonight? any advice as to where to go and what time? new to the area still so dont no where anywhere is apart from the marina and worthing pier lol! thanks!

·
Registered
963 Posts
well after some advice from you guys and some research going to try catch me a hound tonight? any advice as to where to go and what time? new to the area still so dont no where anywhere is apart from the marina and worthing pier lol! thanks!
I would say selsey but its not very easy to find,so would probably stay local ish (ferring etc). dont go to Lancing i went there last night and its crap, nets from Worthing pier through to Shoreham.

·
Registered
134 Posts
if you come down to west beach i could show you some things people have taught me. i only started fishing for the hounds on monday and im loving every minute of it.

ive court 12 in 4 days so there at west beach in numbers and there staying there.

cheers tim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fished Ferring 2 nights ago with my dad(AndrewJS) and brother(PoutMagnet). Overall we caught 5 fish. Smallest 10lb 10oz - Biggest 14lb 3oz. All caught on either hard back or peeller crab.
Great session, hope the fish show. :thumbs:

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
if you come down to west beach i could show you some things people have taught me. i only started fishing for the hounds on monday and im loving every minute of it.

ive court 12 in 4 days so there at west beach in numbers and there staying there.
cheers tim
Bet they dont...... ;) Hounds will only be there while the food is there. As you will very soon find out, they can be there in their hundreds one tide, and completely dissapeared the next. Make the most of it while they are!! (although it sounds like you are!!)

·
Registered
74 Posts
hi fishfingers,
would you mind another fisher on the beach with you tonight, i fished to the right as you look at the sea from the sailing club(beach road)at the first stone groin last saturday, spent the whole day in the rain and blanked.

i also know where the turning for the windmill is but have no idea at all about where the fishing spot is referred to as the 'windmill' is.

and spent yesterday at hayling island 'eaststoke corner' and blanked because of all the beach gowers and them swimming etc next to our lines :wallbash:

so im well up for catching some hounds.

thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
yer sure thats fine i will be wearing my green waders and a animal coat. i will be on my bike as well with a blue fishing box. If you cant find the windmill just head towards bunn leisure or west sands holiday park google it and it will show you directions.

cheers Tim

·
Registered
74 Posts
Cheers Tim,
yes i know the camp site, so i follow that road till it ends i assume? i live near chichester.

ive looked on google maps and can see all the roads etc, but cannot fathom out where you may be as there seems to be lots of options. do you go near the sand spit that sticks out into the sea along the same shore line i fished last week? thats a lot of shore line for me to find you with all my gear lol

sorry to be a pain!
Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
134 Posts
carry the road round the campsite until you reach the funfair then just after the funfair in the campsite there is a small car park park in there. then there is a small hill and over the hill is the beach i will be fishing along there sumwhere just infront of the hill where you will be parked.

hope that helps.
Tim

·
Registered
74 Posts
hi Tim, and again thanks.
do you mean the fun fair 'in' the camp site or the tinytiny row of amusements near the sailing club (beach road) i cant see a funfair on google in the large campsite. and what time you heading up there, ill be there around 10.30 11 ish.
many thanks
Alex

·
Registered
74 Posts
sorry Tim ive been thinking its the pagham fair ground:doh::doh:

so its bunns in selsey, so i drive in and park just past the litle funfair, are you on a motor or push bike??

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
What are the chances of them turning up for a visit to this area?(shoreham)
Stacks of sub 6lb fish around, mostly sub 1lb, but the spider peel didnt really reach this far East this year. If there happens to be a late peel with this weahter coming up though, that could all change. And Spiders arent the only crustecean out there........ ;)

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
go to selsey all this week they have been there in massive numbers, daytime, nightime, high tide, low tide. it doesnt matter. we had over 25 hounds last night upto 13lb. low tide up.

but blink to many times and your miss the action

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
What are the chances of them turning up for a visit to this area?(shoreham)
Already been and gone mate, were on the arm for about a week and then ****ed off, decent size fish i'm talking about.

Stacks of sub 6lb fish around, mostly sub 1lb, but the spider peel didnt really reach this far East this year. If there happens to be a late peel with this weahter coming up though, that could all change. And Spiders arent the only crustecean out there........ ;)
There has been plenty of peeling spiders caught off the arm Rob, which was why the hounds turned up when they did. I would be very suprised if many decent hounds(double figure) if any are caught again this year off there.

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Already been and gone mate, were on the arm for about a week and then ****ed off, decent size fish i'm talking about.

There has been plenty of peeling spiders caught off the arm Rob, which was why the hounds turned up when they did. I would be very suprised if many decent hounds(double figure) if any are caught again this year off there.
For sure. I think thats it for our end of West Sussex going by tonights results a little further west.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Fishfingers,
I got there a bit late so stuck to the end near the wall.
Give me a pm or something next time you go down.
cheers for the replies appreciate it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts