World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Myself and my Carp fishing neighbour decided to chance our arm down at Ferring last night with the Hounds. It’s always good to turn the eye of a carp angler even though the lake is on our door step.
We go down there just after 8pm to find Pete Puff set up and ready to cast out.
Well!! It was action right from the off the first fish I managed to land was my biggest for 3years a fine specimen of 17lb 14oz. :) Thanks to Richard for wading into the weed to retrieve her.
My main camera was no good with having left the memory card in my pc so Sean took a quick Photo on the phone then back she went.
Hounds came thick and fast and all along the beach there were headlights in the surf. More and more came I weighed a further 4 between 14lb and 15lb. Sean also got on the score card with a fine PB of 12lb. Pete Puff was constantly in the action with every fish coming up were good doubles. By far his bait on the night was hardback! Yes hardly had time to put his rod on his rest before a Hound snatched his bait! It was very frantic but every Hound was carefully returned.
I ended my session well into the ebb with a fine 15lb Hound. A great night for Sean too, it really opened his eyes to what Hound muscle can to your arms!!
There were plenty of other upper doubles caught last night and with anglers catching in excess of 18 fish. My tally was 11 fish all good doubles!!
Pete? Well, he wasn’t counting just cussing every that launched his rod out the rest. Apologies for the poor quality pictures, very nearly didn’t have time to take them as we were so eager to get the baits out there again.
Watch out more reports as I hear more of the lads are down there tonight!!!!

My First and biggest fish

Seans' PB

Pete with his 14 punder as Happy as ever!!

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
Some serious action Eddie....think I'll have 6 months in the gym before venturing anywhere near there!

Hi All,

Myself and my Carp fishing neighbour decided to chance our arm down at Ferring last night with the Hounds. It’s always good to turn the eye of a carp angler even though the lake is on our door step.
We go down there just after 8pm to find Pete Puff set up and ready to cast out.
Well!! It was action right from the off the first fish I managed to land was my biggest for 3years a fine specimen of 17lb 14oz. :) Thanks to Richard for wading into the weed to retrieve her.
My main camera was no good with having left the memory card in my pc so Sean took a quick Photo on the phone then back she went.
Hounds came thick and fast and all along the beach there were headlights in the surf. More and more came I weighed a further 4 between 14lb and 15lb. Sean also got on the score card with a fine PB of 12lb. Pete Puff was constantly in the action with every fish coming up were good doubles. By far his bait on the night was hardback! Yes hardly had time to put his rod on his rest before a Hound snatched his bait! It was very frantic but every Hound was carefully returned.
I ended my session well into the ebb with a fine 15lb Hound. A great night for Sean too, it really opened his eyes to what Hound muscle can to your arms!!
There were plenty of other upper doubles caught last night and with anglers catching in excess of 18 fish. My tally was 11 fish all good doubles!!
Pete? Well, he wasn’t counting just cussing every that launched his rod out the rest. Apologies for the poor quality pictures, very nearly didn’t have time to take them as we were so eager to get the baits out there again.
Watch out more reports as I hear more of the lads are down there tonight!!!!

My First and biggest fish

Seans' PB

Pete with his 14 punder as Happy as ever!!

·
Wind Up Merchant
5,985 Posts
well done on your pb edd ,will post in morn as im knackerd

·
Registered
851 Posts
Fantatstic session guys and well done on your PB:victory::victory:

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
thats a cracking fish eddie, well done mate.
steve

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
some lovely fish there eddie, did you manage to convert your carping bretheren?

·
Registered
842 Posts
I bet carp dont fight like hounds!!

Iv been telling myself since the hounds came that i was gonna start going down South to have a go for em as iv only ever caught 2 and have the bug but i dont want to spend all that money to go catch weed.....You recon this weekend could be good?? looks to be calm but what about the weed...lol

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
I bet carp dont fight like hounds!!

Iv been telling myself since the hounds came that i was gonna start going down South to have a go for em as iv only ever caught 2 and have the bug but i dont want to spend all that money to go catch weed.....You recon this weekend could be good?? looks to be calm but what about the weed...lol
If your thinking of fishing Ferring for hounds you probably need to go very soon as they dont hang around for long there. Last year they were there in big numbers for about 5 days then they simply vanish and wont return again. Last night was the 4th night they have shown

·
Registered
34 Posts
well done lads, great session big fish, what more can u ask for,
though i am sure peterpuff could think of something. Again great report.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Right place, right time, right result - time to buy a lottery ticket mate! Well done to you all! 11 doubles in one session? Amazing! :showoff:

·
Registered
236 Posts
what a fine fish eddie. nice one. i am sure terry and ben will be posting reports of last nights fun soon. just to say I broke my hound cherry and still buzzing now.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
what a fine fish eddie. nice one. i am sure terry and ben will be posting reports of last nights fun soon. just to say I broke my hound cherry and still buzzing now.
Well done matey, did you lose one in a massive lump of weed as well? We found one washed up just as we were walking back which was tangled up. It was still alive and kicking so we unhooked it and slipped it back, it swam off none the worse, it looked around 9lb.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts