World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My main target this summer is Guna be hounds as I had no luck last summer, can anyone tell me some good marks for hounds in the summer apart from aberthaw, thanks in advance

·
Registered
11,329 Posts
My local beach has them up to around 50 lb but it may be to far for you. If you are ever in this part of the world look me up we catch them all year round.
JonD

·
Registered
11,329 Posts
I think that things are generally bigger in Australia.....fancy catching that off the beach lol!!!

Monster Gummy Mayhem - Gummy shark goes nuts in boat! - YouTube
The gummies are actually the same shark as the hounds only out here everything gets a different name. White spots crushing teeth rather than razors and love hunting close to shore for crabs.

This is a guy I took for a beach session who had never caught a fish over 2kg, he had 8 others around this size. They dont fight like toothy sharks but still fun on the light gear.
JonD

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Had great times with the hounds last year on the boat, did notice the ones caught in shallower water fought differently, some even broaching and tail walking. Ones in deeper water tended to stay deep as much as possible. John

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
hounds on braid aaaaahhhhh shudder

Reactions: R10R

·
Team Loonz
8,189 Posts
For me,sker seems to be the most consistant mark for hounds,although a bit smaller than some areas it still produces plenty of good doubles.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts