World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys just wondering how much longer the hounds will stay around our shore for :fishing1:

·
Team Loonz
8,201 Posts
I had my last session in the second week of september last year and had my pb,a week later they were gone cos the weather turned bad.
I would say that aberthaw would be the best bet for late hounds.

·
Registered
807 Posts
last week of august to the end of september is the best time at aberthaw for the big hounds my mate had a lb19+ common end of august last year

·
Team Loonz
2,270 Posts
last week of august to the end of september is the best time at aberthaw for the big hounds my mate had a lb19+ common end of august last year
19lb did u weigh it and record it as the welsh record common from the shore is only 16lb 10oz mate

·
Registered
459 Posts
19lb did u weigh it and record it as the welsh record common from the shore is only 16lb 10oz mate
well my work mate had 201b.8oz off abberthaw two years ago,have a look at baston picture profile on here he's in my friends list

·
Team Loonz
2,270 Posts
well my work mate had 201b.8oz off abberthaw two years ago,have a look at baston picture profile on here he's in my friends list
i wasnt being funny just stating the welsh record COMMON

·
Registered
459 Posts
i wasnt being funny just stating the welsh record COMMON
me neither mate lol no worries,baston didnt record his catch he was fishing a comp at the time and im sure he said he was told he would have to kill it to take the record.

·
Team Loonz
2,270 Posts
that rule is bo£££cks killing a fish just to weigh it and record it reason why i hardly fish comps anymore lol but saying that smoothy is a lovely eating fish i have tried it once as it was bleeding out like a pig from a deep hook but always a shame to kill a fish like that :thumbs:

·
Registered
459 Posts
that rule is bo£££cks killing a fish just to weigh it and record it reason why i hardly fish comps anymore lol but saying that smoothy is a lovely eating fish i have tried it once as it was bleeding out like a pig from a deep hook but always a shame to kill a fish like that :thumbs:
i dont fish comps my self and dont know the rules,I totally agree with you I could not do it just for a bit of publicity he puts back alot of good fish of many species and is against the kill and weigh it inn rule definitely.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts