World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Team Hr jones
5,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after reading and seeing elpez2k report on those hounds caught its made me wont one what sort of areas produce these fish rigs and bait id love to catch one.i thought they were a rough ground fish but what do i know this site as taught me alot nice one and tight lines. oxwich 2morrow it is boysbach ps cracking pics looks like u enjoyed

·
Registered
161 Posts
hey mate the only time ive caught hounds is on the boat, everytime ive caught them its been on crab and squid or either.
put out crab and squid or either and if their about youll now about it.
sorry not sure about the best rigs or areas tho.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
peeler crab is the bait, use pulley pennels with about size 3/0 or 4/0 hooks. 60lb odd snoods. rough ground fish mostly. i had my firt one today and can tell you they fight like f**k!!! wath your rods as they will get pulled in!

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
peeler crab is the bait, use pulley pennels with about size 3/0 or 4/0 hooks. 60lb odd snoods. rough ground fish mostly. i had my firt one today and can tell you they fight like f**k!!! wath your rods as they will get pulled in!
Hi dude i bet i know where you had that from then was it the mark i said well done hope you have a few more now but try it a night time good spot for the tope tight lines

·
Registered
114 Posts
id agree with anylugitscrab ....aberthaw or fonty cliff are top marks forhounds, aberthaw off the ledges on the low, 2/0 and 3/0 pulley pennels, weak link at aberthaw for sure. Fonty is an easier fish, med to big tides, high tide mark. fresh peeler the only bait really. best times for fonty are at night, high pressure, end of a hot summers day is ideal. calm seas are better. you dont snag at fonty which is a plus compared to aberthaw, but if you hook into a hound you gotta go down the cliff on to a small ledge to land it which can be a bit lairy to say the least. my best hound (15lbish) is from there, and I've seen loads of others landed there on summer nights too.
hope this helps :)

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Hi all monknash is the first place the hounds come into shore then work there way along the beach to summer house point then aberthaw west on ttides no MORE THAN A BARRY 13M TIDE and thing over that do east but its a grave yrd for tackel then there go around the 99 steps onto fonty cliffs rigs pulleys hook size 3/0s or 4/0s bait got to be crab tight lines

1 - 9 of 9 Posts