World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well at last....

Caught a 2 lb and 3.5 lb Bass + a Garfish last night and guess what - ALL ON A POPPER!

This is a first for me in Sussex and I tell you what, that 3.5 pounder put up such a great little scrap on a light 4 piece spinning rod, braid and 18gm popper....who needs leads and baits eh:notworthy:notworthy:kissing::kissing::):clap3:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Well at last....

Caught a 2 lb and 3.5 lb Bass + a Garfish last night and guess what - ALL ON A POPPER!

This is a first for me in Sussex and I tell you what, that 3.5 pounder put up such a great little scrap on a light 4 piece spinning rod, braid and 18oz popper....who needs leads and baits eh:notworthy:notworthy:kissing::kissing::):clap3:
good result well done.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Excellent, Pugs, well done. Must give lure fishing for Bass more of a go this year(Must have been hard work though casting an 18oz popper:) )

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Well done Neil, I know you've worked hard for this catch on the popper.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Sounds like a good session. Can anyone tell me what a popper looks like? I've tried spinning with a rubber eel, lure and a dexter wedge but not a popper.

Any info?
Blenny

·
Registered
872 Posts
well done on that m8y me and big ivor went spinning(eastney) last night,i went with a dexter 60grm and ivor went with a diving rapalar i ended up with 3 pollock biggest 2lb and ivor had a 2 1/2 pound bass not bad for an hour session:)

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Well at last....

This is a first for me in Sussex and I tell you what, that 3.5 pounder put up such a great little scrap on a light 4 piece spinning rod, braid and 18gm popper....who needs leads and baits eh:notworthy:notworthy:kissing::kissing::):clap3:
Nice fish mate:clap3:

Whereabouts on the Hove beach were you? Dawn, day or dusk?

Andy
:notworthy Member of SAS:notworthy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts