World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Living in Horsham and working in London I have to plan my fishing trips in advance. I can only usually manage 1 or maybe 2 trips a month.
I decided last week that I would fish Hove from LW to HW today, I had some very helpfull and detailed PM's from one of the locals on here and I was raring to go. Today did not go to plan.
First off last night I was cooked a lovely meal by the current Mrs FNB, and as it is my birthday weekend she bought me some very nice vino. I woke up very shabby. Also I have an American 4x4 which had been off the road for a couple of months due to a spare sent from the USA going missing with FEDX, as the tax was due at the end August I SORN'd it. I tried to tax the vehicle today online no joy, I called the DVLC, they say I have no insurance. I call Insurance co and they say I have insurance but they have not put it on the national database, pratts!! Ok hunted around for all the relevant documents (3 hours), went to Post Office taxed car result. Set off for the coast via Tesco's for snacks and mackeral. On the way to Shoreham via the A24 I got pulled over by the police. "Excuse me sir your vechile is SORN'd, no tax and no insurance, we are going to impound the car." I pointed out that the NEW tax disc is in the widow screen holder and showed him the receipt. The policeman says "Thank-you sir we are going to impound your vehicle as you have no current insurance". I showed him the insurance certificate but he says it's invalid. He calls insurance co and they say Insurance is valid. Police man says thank-you sir for your co-operation have a safe journey, but I really wanted to impound your car, charming!!!!

Any-way got to Shoreham West Arm to pick-up the worm that I had ordered and looked out to the west and saw rows and rows of nets. I read on here earlier today that it was the same from the marina to Hove. **** it I am fishing here.
Fished one rod 4/0 alternatively with whole squid, mackeral head and guts and livebaits. Not a touch.
The other rod was fished with a two hook flapper size 4's to catch livebait or any-thing else.
Caught 30 plus whiting upto 38cm. Got enough for a good feed as some-one else on here would say.
Got home and told the Mrs about my day, she says did I have a nice day. I thought about this and sea fishing in general. Is it ****ing worth it? I thought. YES IT ****ING IS!!!!
The only other thing of note was an angler fishing right at the end of the arm had a rod taken over into the drink by the pilot boat. To be fair he was'nt pleased but admitted he should of reacted when the boat was leaving the harbour.

Sorry for ranting on, but days like this are made up when it all goes to plan and a good non-stressfull day is enjoyed.

Thanks for reading.

Tony

·
Registered
122 Posts
the nets that have appeared have really p****** me off as i live 30 seconds from the beach at hove and was looking forward to a session on sunday. don't suppose i can be cheeky and get you to forward the pm to me as i know very little about hove as ive just moved here, no problem if not!

anyone know how hove is fishing with the nets in place?

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great read Tony, sounds like you had a really eventful day.

Don't forget address for Monday mate.

All the best.

Andrew
Yep it was certainly eventful. The hordes of whiting was amazing no wonder I could'nt get a bite on the bass rod, so much natural food out there for them. Within a couple of minutes after casting I was getting bites, one of the whiting even gave a slackliner.

re address will send it via Facebook tomorrow, just gotta get my mates post code.

Tony

·
Registered
386 Posts
anyone know how hove is fishing with the nets in place?
Fished last week and had a blinding session, fished same spot few days later and noticed nets and only managed small whiting and rays, dont know if this is due to the nets or just wasn't as lucky, would be intrested to know peoples thoughts of if this realy does effect the fishing badly, always winds me up when i notice nets after setting up but not sure if im getting wound up over nothing or if i might as well just pack up an move somewhere else

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hey, Dont forget that your paying for the police to do that to you!! :nonono::nonono::nonono:
for him to make an arrogant comment at the end i would of asked him for his details and reported him for ''breach of the peace'' as he was targeting you!! police forget there actual job is to make our lives safer and protect us not target us.

A friend of mine was pulled over for no reason late last night. when they inspected his car there was nothing wrong but the officer kept telling my mate one of his back lights was out mate went to have alook and cop kicked light and said again see your back light is out!!!!!!

mate had 3 points and £60 fine and now has to try and find a metro tail light cluster :nonono:

watch out people

·
Registered
976 Posts
Sounds like a pretty crappy start to the day. At least when I got pulled in Lancing it was after my fishing session. They were worried because I was driving slowly past some very nice houses near the beach and I had come up on the DVLA computer as being a long way from home. Turned out one of the cops was an angler. We had a pleasant chat before I went on my way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts