World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 323 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am continually amazed at some distances some travel to fish. Guess I am really lucky these days as can hear the sea at High tide from where sitting writing this now. I tend not to wander far now..But even from here at Westward Ho some the guys go up to Chesil at weekends....Long run....! I sort think now if I cant catch it here...then not bothered about any where else.

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
My nearest place is 25 miles, but every month or so I go 45-50 miles on the Yorks coast and a couple of times a year just over 90 miles to near Whitby. Then there is the annual around 300 mile each way, 3 week trip to Burton Bradstock.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My nearest place is 25 miles, but every month or so I go 45-50 miles on the Yorks coast and a couple of times a year just over 90 miles to near Whitby. Then there is the annual around 300 mile each way, 3 week trip to Burton Bradstock.
talking

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
North east about 11 miles, East about 14miles, and South again about 14miles. I pick which direction depending on the wind :) like it on my back. So about 25 mins each way.

Den

·
Registered
626 Posts
About 1 minute drive to portsmouth harbour but I often drive 80miles to chesil for the fishing.

·
Registered
14,885 Posts
Dont ask.. I have been trying to sell Chernobyl Towers for 2 years, just to move closer to the coast. Just to say the below are all regular venues.

Whitby ... 90 miles. regularly
Blackpool... 70 miles. pumping lugworm,regularly
Holderness coast. 100 miles regularly
Hartlepool, 101 miles.. regularly
Rhyl 91 miles
Padstow, 350 miles two or three times a year
Taynuilt, 311 miles

Thats just one way.

Thats not just me, the club members all live within sort of 25 miles of me, and the above relates to them all .Plus I know of some lads that drive coast to coast to fish .

Just shows, we are all a bit Bonkers !

Ask Tatch, he drives miles towing a boat for a day.

Dave.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Weymouth beach 1 minute drive chesil beach 5 minute drive but this time of year I like to fish for flounder in Poole so about 45 minute drive so the wife does a lot of driving as I don't lol

C

·
0 Posts
By the time I load the car, drive down, park and unload, I could have walked.That's if the tide is in, if it is out it's an extra mile from where I step onto wet sand.

1 - 20 of 323 Posts