261 - 280 of 323 Posts

·
Registered
22,558 Posts
Reactions: Trewarveneth

·
Registered
22,558 Posts
South Easterly gale is the one to watch out for here,Newlyn sheltered today but the prom is getting it at high tide,just come back and its screechin
yes same here, south easterly, easterly or strong southerly is not good. Batten down the hatches and keep safe fella!

Reactions: Trewarveneth

·
Registered
165 Posts
Around 50 miles but probably more 80 for decent fishing on the lincs beaches.
then down to Norfolk as much as possible, usually 2 or 3 weeks per year and that's about 150 miles but for family holidays aswell as the fishing

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Doesn't really matter how close or how far we are from the beaches now, no go areas for now, and rightly so in these very testing times.

Ian.

Reactions: Hanover

·
Registered
738 Posts
Living in the middle of Plymouth so not far fron the Salty stuff, but not able to walk far, and the nearest beaches are at least 30 mins drive away. I've forgotten what fishing is...

·
Registered
127 Posts
My nearest beach is the upper reaches of the Bristol channel, but i have never fished it, followed by the Lincs coast.
My usual venues stretch from Denge Marsh to Portsmouth.These can usually be reached more quickly than Lincs coast but is still 142 to 180 miles each way for me.

·
Registered
738 Posts
New guidance issued yesterday by the National Police Chiefs council, and the local 'comic' (paper) are now saying you can drive to take exercise. That then begs the question is fishing in an isolated location exercise? But it all still depends how the Police officer at the time interprets it, so guidance is still a bit 'cloudy'. Link here: https://t.co/4cwkwJLBAD. I have contacted a few of the local Police this morning via social media for clarification, not one has replied with a definitive 'Yes' or 'No', and no reply at all from most of them.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Living in Poole, Dorset am less than an hour from Chesil to the West and Milford Shingle to the East, with many good areas in between. Might as well be the distance to the moon at the moment though.

·
Registered
814 Posts
New guidance issued yesterday by the National Police Chiefs council, and the local 'comic' (paper) are now saying you can drive to take exercise. That then begs the question is fishing in an isolated location exercise? But it all still depends how the Police officer at the time interprets it, so guidance is still a bit 'cloudy'. Link here: https://t.co/4cwkwJLBAD. I have contacted a few of the local Police this morning via social media for clarification, not one has replied with a definitive 'Yes' or 'No', and no reply at all from most of them.
Fishing probably still out for the moment. Otherwise they would have to allow other ‘sports and recreation’. Play by the rules for now and then we can push for clarity on fishing in a month or two.

261 - 280 of 323 Posts