World Sea Fishing Forums banner

281 - 300 of 323 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Living in Poole, Dorset am less than an hour from Chesil to the West and Milford Shingle to the East, with many good areas in between. Might as well be the distance to the moon at the moment though.
Living in Poole, Dorset am less than an hour from Chesil to the West and Milford Shingle to the East, with many good areas in between. Might as well be the distance to the moon at the moment though.
I used to live in Poole CogdenNT.many moons ago.Loved it.We used to fish the rocks at Lulworth cove,mainly wrasse.Moved back to Scotland after 5 years. Great place

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am continually amazed at some distances some travel to fish. Guess I am really lucky these days as can hear the sea at High tide from where sitting writing this now. I tend not to wander far now..But even from here at Westward Ho some the guys go up to Chesil at weekends....Long run....! I sort think now if I cant catch it here...then not bothered about any where else.
about 20 min walk to beach or 20 walk to river waveny.Best of both world

·
Registered
79 Posts
I used to live in Poole CogdenNT.many moons ago.Loved it.We used to fish the rocks at Lulworth cove,mainly wrasse.Moved back to Scotland after 5 years. Great place
Scotland Poole; Poole Scotland; Extremes of the country but both alluring from a fishing perspective, as well as many others. Hope you're happy up north, despite the weather:)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Where do you fish in Poole then mate?
Hi Eric, apart from the two extremities of Chesil & Milford, there is Southborne beach upto Hengistbury Head, a number of the Chines right down to Sandbanks, and Poole Harbour of course. I'm getting back into sea fishing as the last few years it's been mainly river fishing for barbel & chub, with the Hampshire Avon & Dorset Stour excellent fishing venues, practically on our doorstep.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Eric, apart from the two extremities of Chesil & Milford, there is Southborne beach upto Hengistbury Head, a number of the Chines right down to Sandbanks, and Poole Harbour of course. I'm getting back into sea fishing as the last few years it's been mainly river fishing for barbel & chub, with the Hampshire Avon & Dorset Stour excellent fishing venues, practically on our doorstep.
Yeah I remember Southbourne beach and of course Sandbanks.
We had a little club going when I worked at Hamworthy Engineering back in the eighties.Great guys

·
Registered
79 Posts
I used to fish with the Poole Dolphins Sea Angling Club in the eighties. Did Hamworthy Eng ever fish in the Neptune League back then?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I used to fish with the Poole Dolphins Sea Angling Club in the eighties. Did Hamworthy Eng ever fish in the Neptune League back then?
Hi mate I cant remember of hand but it was competative league.
I remember working shifts there and found it hard to get away sometimes at weekends.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Up to 150 miles each way. Denge Marsh, Dungeness, Eastbourne, Brighton or Portsmouth. I try to get a couple of trip a month. Either beach or boat

·
Registered
400 Posts
2.5 miles Bournemouth beach
6 miles Southbourne beach (been there yesterday. 5 hours session, just one small plaice - released her back)
5 miles Poole Sandbanks beach

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just measured it with Google Maps. 100 metres to the beach. If you've been to Hoylake, you'll know that the sea is about another 20 minutes walk away most days.

·
Registered
22,512 Posts
This close! IMG_20200726_083258_004.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
I feel bad for some of you, because if I walk out of my back gate and on to a bit of track for 15 seconds I'm on the beach. Being new to sea fishing I'm only now getting tackled up for beachcasting. I've got some three small harbour piers within 10 mins of me and some promising rock marks along the way.

281 - 300 of 323 Posts