·
Registered
96 Posts
1.3miles away but have panoramic view of St Austell bay from window

Reactions: cfish

·
Registered
10,568 Posts
Been living a bit closer since the two days of rain we've just had!!!! Due to several years of no rain the lake that we live around had been closed off from the ocean but the weekends big seas and rain started flooding homes around the edge. This picture is from when it used to be open all the time and the others from opening the lake back to the ocean yesterday.

_MG_2247 copy.jpg
_JDP6505.jpg
_JDP6556.jpg
_JDP6572.jpg
_JDP6609.jpg
_JDP6689.jpg
_JDP6706.jpg
_JDP6767.jpg
_JDP6777.jpg

·
Registered
757 Posts
Been living a bit closer since the two days of rain we've just had!!!! Due to several years of no rain the lake that we live around had been closed off from the ocean but the weekends big seas and rain started flooding homes around the edge. This picture is from when it used to be open all the time and the others from opening the lake back to the ocean yesterday.

View attachment 1289877 View attachment 1289879 View attachment 1289881 View attachment 1289883 View attachment 1289885 View attachment 1289887 View attachment 1289889 View attachment 1289891 View attachment 1289893
Great photos Jon.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Based in West Reading, so mostly 110 to 130 miles each way if fishing Purbeks, Portland or Chesil.
Fish Aberystwyth / Borth a few times each year which is around the 200 mile mark each way, and also manage a few trips to Aberdaron most years, and that's about 270 Miles each way.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Triest in Italy or Korpe in Slovenia is probably about closest for me, and they're circa 300km.

However, I usually head for Krk in Croatia for long weekends, which is about 350km.

·
Registered
384 Posts
less than a mile, but i used to drive from blackpool to north wales / anglesey with my brothers after work, fish for 5 hours or so then drive back, and still get up for work next morning, sometimes we drove up to workington, these days the fishing has improved round here so i have plenty to go at on my doorstep.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’m lucky to live about 1/2 mile from the coast but I’m pretty much in line with the middle of Shoreham harbour so no pretty views as it’s quite industrial.
Also I have to decide to turn left or right to travel around the harbour and get to the beach or harbour arms.
Can’t complain though. When I was a kid I lived in Bucks so was pretty much in middle of country.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Within half an hours drive I can be fishing saltwater but a decent hours drive anywhere from Whitby to Northumberland.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Dont ask.. I have been trying to sell Chernobyl Towers for 2 years, just to move closer to the coast. Just to say the below are all regular venues.

Whitby ... 90 miles. regularly
Blackpool... 70 miles. pumping lugworm,regularly
Holderness coast. 100 miles regularly
Hartlepool, 101 miles.. regularly
Rhyl 91 miles
Padstow, 350 miles two or three times a year
Taynuilt, 311 miles

Thats just one way.

Thats not just me, the club members all live within sort of 25 miles of me, and the above relates to them all .Plus I know of some lads that drive coast to coast to fish .

Just shows, we are all a bit Bonkers !

Ask Tatch, he drives miles towing a boat for a day.

Dave.
Dave, You must be somewhere near me with those distances, almost identical. I live in Skelmanthorpe, Huddersfield. Been to Tatche's place a time or two. Going to the west coast on Wednesday.

·
Registered
22,578 Posts
Lol!
IMG_20200831_190113_421.jpg

Reactions: TeBheag

·
Registered
20 Posts
If I wasn't crap at beach casting ... I could land a 5oz lead on the top of our beach at rossall point from my front garden.
So why do I drive miles in each direction looking for
fish .... God knows

301 - 320 of 323 Posts