World Sea Fishing Forums banner

How close to beach you live or how far.

30K views 329 replies 210 participants last post by  nog 
#1 ·
I am continually amazed at some distances some travel to fish. Guess I am really lucky these days as can hear the sea at High tide from where sitting writing this now. I tend not to wander far now..But even from here at Westward Ho some the guys go up to Chesil at weekends....Long run....! I sort think now if I cant catch it here...then not bothered about any where else.

#9 ·
North east about 11 miles, East about 14miles, and South again about 14miles. I pick which direction depending on the wind :) like it on my back. So about 25 mins each way.

Den

#13 ·
Dont ask.. I have been trying to sell Chernobyl Towers for 2 years, just to move closer to the coast. Just to say the below are all regular venues.

Whitby ... 90 miles. regularly
Blackpool... 70 miles. pumping lugworm,regularly
Holderness coast. 100 miles regularly
Hartlepool, 101 miles.. regularly
Rhyl 91 miles
Padstow, 350 miles two or three times a year
Taynuilt, 311 miles

Thats just one way.

Thats not just me, the club members all live within sort of 25 miles of me, and the above relates to them all .Plus I know of some lads that drive coast to coast to fish .

Just shows, we are all a bit Bonkers !

Ask Tatch, he drives miles towing a boat for a day.

Dave.

#312 ·
Dave, You must be somewhere near me with those distances, almost identical. I live in Skelmanthorpe, Huddersfield. Been to Tatche's place a time or two. Going to the west coast on Wednesday.

#16 ·
Weymouth beach 1 minute drive chesil beach 5 minute drive but this time of year I like to fish for flounder in Poole so about 45 minute drive so the wife does a lot of driving as I don't lol

#21 ·
Suffolk is around 80-90 miles for me depending on the beach
North norfolk is roughly 100 miles on terrible norfolk roads
My 'local' would be the thames, a mere 60 miles
Essex is in the middle at 75 miles
The furthest I regularly go would be dungeness at 123 miles and sandwich bay (when the rays are around) at 123 miles

#207 ·
Suffolk is around 80-90 miles for me depending on the beach
North norfolk is roughly 100 miles on terrible norfolk roads
My 'local' would be the thames, a mere 60 miles
Essex is in the middle at 75 miles
The furthest I regularly go would be dungeness at 123 miles and sandwich bay (when the rays are around) at 123 miles
Think I am your neighbour LandlockedAndy. Google map says Dungeness is 113 miles from my home ... lol

#23 ·
I live inland. Inverness is 30 odd miles away, Nairn a wee bit further, ok for a flattie session.
I quite often go Fort William way for better fishing 200 mile round trip.
Heading even further north Durness is 300+ miles round trip.
I dont mind the distance as the scenery is so fantastic up here, roads are slow though - some are only single track with passing places.

#29 ·
Used to live in Hemel Hempstead nearest beach was a 120 mile round trip
Trips to Bristol Channel, Chesil, Dungeness and Poole could be a 200+ miles round trip
This was why our club was called The Inland Sea Anglers
Live on the Isle of Wight now 800 yds to nearest beach and 17 miles to furthest spoilt for choice
what is great is having a max 20/30 min drive home after a session instead of 2/3 hr drive

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.