World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fish out of fecamp (french side of the channel opposite Newhaven or there abouts) what depth should I be looking for, just for general bottom fishing and how far out
My boat a 6 meter with cabin.

Rohan

·
Registered
303 Posts
hi mate It's not only the depth that you should be looking at but features on the bottom such as reefs wrecks and holes get a chart of the area and start looking for the drop offs and deep holes etc. you will then be able to navigate your way to the marks time and again once you know what will be there at what time of year so it will pay to keep a diary of where you went and what you caught. hope this helps

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not much to look at on the charts just a few wrecks (some of which I have visited)
mostly the bottom is sand and gravel with little features. as for deep holes it only goes down to abot 35 meters here. Most of the features lie close to the shore in about 10 - 15 meters is this to shallow ?

·
Registered
303 Posts
The best way is to go have a look, it sounds like the area would be idealy suited to uptiding, Do you get smoothounds or tope that side, if so they would be great fun uptiding, and with a clean bottom like that whiting in the winter would be a good target fish. any small feature may well hold bream so try a small hook paternoster rig. with small strips of mackerel or squid. they have started to come in this side,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts