World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t want to make this political, but I have been looking through some old reports from a well known website based near dungness when I came across this………. From 2018
Product World Font Adaptation Screenshot

I too was slightly taken in by this ( not this advert but the advertising slogan of taking back control of our fisheries ) and nearly made me change my mind, but now it is becoming a little clearer that ( and this is only what it looks like to me ) we are not going to take control of our fisheries but we are going to be dictated to and blackmailed into giving the eu what they want in exchange for us to keep our heating on this winter. Like I say I don’t want to make it a labour / conservative argument but I do feel that if we knew then what do now would so many fishermen / women have voted to leave?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steeli, I don’t think it has turned out like everyone thought it would. I was under the impression ( not that I believe what mp’s say ) that when we left the eu we would limit ( if not stop ) foreign boats from fishing our waters and allow our own commercial fleet access to our fishing grounds around with limited access to other countries, which is clearly not going to happen. I suppose it’s the same as taking back control of our boarders??? Yeah right

·
Joined 2009
15,983 Posts
The most vulgar, crude , revolting display of privilege I’ve ever seen in the UK was nothing to do with racist pigs. It was millionaires on some super yacht chucking champers and abuse at fishermen on the Thames. The management of Europe’s seas is an embarrassment, some of the richest nations in the world destroying the marine environment for their politics. It’s not worthy of the developing world. One day history will show the foolishness of our leaders. But not today. Today it’s still brexit .a distraction from the real problem , a mask to hide ugliness. As for the fishermen , nobody listened nobody cared just call them bigots etc. What did people expect.

·
Joined 2009
15,983 Posts
Water Sky Boat Cloud Watercraft
This is from this morning. Here in Plymouth.
Let’s not ignore what happened to rainbow warrior.
A boat That’s mission was to disrupt illegal fishing.
The key here is illegal.
sank by the french. How on earth can an ecological fishery be run with people like that who support and carry out such criminality.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts