World Sea Fishing Forums banner

how do you cast from the beach?

• with the weight on the floor and cast over your head?

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • with the weight on the floor and cast it over your shoulder (9 o'clock cast)?

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • with the weight swinging in the air then over your head?

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • with the weight swinging in the air and cast it over your shoulder (9 o'clock cast)?

Votes: 14 41.2%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Since i started shore fishing again its been swinging in the air and then over the head (oo-er :D ). When i was younger i used the offf the ground cast though.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
If Im going for distance, I use a sort of modified pendulum cast lol. The extra momentum I get from swinging the lead seems to improve my distance a fair bit.

·
Wales Team Captain
2,361 Posts
i use the weight in the air and over the shoulder used this when I started with fs and carried it on to a muliti never tried any onther way as it seems to work for me

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
I do a sort of PENDULTHRASH really! Often the shore is steepish behind me so I can't do and OTG so I let it swing! On a shingle beach its often OTG. I tried Over head thumping with the beachcaster once, and lost touch with the lead, it seemed to be still going but then stopped, I waited and then it came down and almost brained me! When I cast with the light rods and fixed spool, I actually do an overhead cast quite successfully using the elasticity of the rod.

G

·
It all depends on how far I want to cast and what/who is behind me.

If I want distance then I do a form of aerialise off the ground.

If I feel lazy then a simple overhead thump but from the side, sort of OTG but in the air.

For my float fishing just a flick!

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
hold rod give a sort of tennis player grunt and lamp it towards the sea. Hey it works for me :)

·
Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
i seem to get it out there, but i could do with some help with casting, especially now im using multipliers :)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
must admit it's a bit like paid4's thingy....weight is usualy @ 90 degrees to me wind up and let it fly....not very far...lol

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
bigdunny said:
must admit it's a bit like paid4's thingy....weight is usualy @ 90 degrees to me wind up and let it fly....not very far...lol
'ang on a minute ...........this is definately not the place to discuss my thingy :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
off ground or super swingy pendulum(only if there is no one within a 100yd radius!!!!!!) :eek:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Im a swinger, but i thought this was a fishing site :D :D :D

LOL Ryan

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
I have never seen two people cast the same way. I think there are so many variations with so many names for so many styles that the poor old beginner stands little chance of understanding any of it.

Perhaps Mike Jr could publish a glossary of all the terms and what they mean somewhere on the site so that at least beginners can get their heads around it. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
none of them really but i went for the closest 1
my mate calls my casting the helicopter cast because of the way it looks and sounds apparently
i think he is just jealouse cause it goes further than his :p

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
I call mine the "Microsoft cast". You think it's going to be great, you wait for ages for something to happen and then it all ends in one big disappointment.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts