World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Bait Guy
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've got the guttering for the crab trap but was wondering how long it needs to be in inches.
I've also got 3 car tyres but i have a basic idea of how to set these up although any help or advise would be very welcome.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
for guttering the longer the better as there will be more crab underneath, tyres just place on mud push them in a bit and leave, get them down asap mate i just got 30 before, THERE BACK !

·
The Bait Guy
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There gonna be down there first low tide tomorrow mate.
oh and i was wondering if you've had any problems with people emptying your traps or anything like that

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Yes i bloody doo and people dont turn them back over, ive just put a load more down, why did ya wana no mate ?

·
The Bait Guy
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right ive got all me traps down now, all i can do now is wait

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
I used to collect all my own peeler, ill health now stops me, never had any problem with people raiding my traps becase I didn't have any.

I used the beach, rearranged the natural crab features to my advantage to collect 100 an hour. Point is unless you understood the beach my traps were not obvious.

Guttering and tyres along with ridge tiles any numptie can spot and clear for you, to my eyes they are pollution as well and have no place on the foreshore.

Learn how to harvest the beach, watercraft, then learn how to harvest the sea and at the end leave nothing but footprints, you will have more enjoyment when you catch and it will taste like the food of the gods when you eat it.

·
Registered
414 Posts
would a baited creel work? set it just as the tide is flooding then empty on the ebb???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts