World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Off to Swanage at the weekend for a weeks holiday. I recently bought a selection of assorted lures and in which was a mackeral design Bass Bomber. Think this would be ideal to use around a mackeral shoal for Bass. My only question is, how do you use it for spinning?? Rather than having a swivel at the end like most of my lures it has a funny pin head typre link, what's this for, surely I don't tie the braid straight to this??

Thanks for the advice!

Mike.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hi Mike

Judging by the lack of replies, perhaps everyone else is a bit confused about the lure in question.

The only bass bomber I can find with a google search is a twin-tailed plastic lure with lead jig head.

Any chance of a photo or link to the lure on another website?

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Hi Mike

Judging by the lack of replies, perhaps everyone else is a bit confused about the lure in question.

The only bass bomber I can find with a google search is a twin-tailed plastic lure with lead jig head.

Any chance of a photo or link to the lure on another website?

Cheers
Steve
the bass bomber and bass bandit are very good lures for bass and have accounted for many specimen fish since they first came out just treat them like any other lure on the retreive.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi All,
Many thanks for the replies. What I really need to know is how to attach them, like I say, there isn't a split link or anything, just this funny metal pin head?
Thanks again!!

Mike.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hi Mike

It could be that the loop at the front of the lure isn't formed correctly during the manufacturing process.

I've never seen any lure with a pin head as you describe.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Steve

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Steve,
I hope not but looking at these pics it looks as thought there are 2 types. I know it's not very visible but if you compare the bass bombers on this site, some have eye's but some have these brass "pin heads" as I call them (although they are a bit larger than a pin head). I hope that you can see what I mean, I can see it as I have these at home!

http://www.summerlands.co.uk/Lures.htm

Thanks again,

Mike.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Hi Steve,
I hope not but looking at these pics it looks as thought there are 2 types. I know it's not very visible but if you compare the bass bombers on this site, some have eye's but some have these brass "pin heads" as I call them (although they are a bit larger than a pin head). I hope that you can see what I mean, I can see it as I have these at home!

http://www.summerlands.co.uk/Lures.htm

Thanks again,

Mike.
i use bombers and bandits the only thing i can think of with reference to pin heads is the brass pin thats put through the eye of the lure as a protector,just take it out its only a pin,then tie on as normal.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DOH - thanks Birtybass, I will try this when I get home, just call me Rodney from now on!!!

Just one more thing, I take it I use a snap swivel with these as normal??

Can't wait for next week!!

Mike.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
DOH - thanks Birtybass, I will try this when I get home, just call me Rodney from now on!!!

Just one more thing, I take it I use a snap swivel with these as normal??

Can't wait for next week!!

Mike.
you can use a small snap for easy to change lures or just tie it on as normal

1 - 10 of 10 Posts