World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Team Loonz
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
watching this video of danny moeskops castign the 7ht mag and wen the cast comes to an end he over runs slightly then takes his finger of the spool and the nest is gone how does he do it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cr4DSE55Uc

·
Doggystyles
5,037 Posts
practice, and also alot more skill than any of us will ever have lol

·
Registered
24,184 Posts
practice, and also alot more skill than any of us will ever have lol
No doubt the biguns a good field caster but does he ever chuck a baited rig out in the dark,pssing rain and blowing a hooley?????????????????:g:

·
Doggystyles
5,037 Posts
No doubt the biguns a good field caster but does he ever chuck a baited rig out in the dark,pssing rain and blowing a hooley?????????????????:g:
cant see any bait surviving that! would like to see him hit a dvice with a whole squid in those sort of conditions to see how far it goes :g:

·
Registered
24,184 Posts
cant see any bait surviving that! would like to see him hit a dvice with a whole squid in those sort of conditions to see how far it goes :g:
Not knocking danny at all but does he actually go angling????

·
Registered
60 Posts
lol what a place to put the camera ! lol what a wicked view ! lol

That reel sounded like it was struggling , wonder what the distance was like from it ?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
yup i was there when he done it, over 300 yards. And as said above ,he sea fishes as well, a bad cast will throw the bait off ,not a good cast. I no he caught a monster bronze whaler in namibia, think it had a shock when it saw him!

·
Registered
978 Posts
yup i was there when he done it, over 300 yards. And as said above ,he sea fishes as well, a bad cast will throw the bait off ,not a good cast. I no he caught a monster bronze whaler in namibia, think it had a shock when it saw him!
Hmmm, a bit sick maybe?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Probably the first time a bronzy has ever gladly jumped outa the sea after seeing danny chasing it in the surf!!:laugh:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Plus a 150+lb Catfish on the Ebro.

The filmed evidence can be seen on UTube for many of Danny's exploits

He is without doubt an accomplished angler as well as the World Champion distance surf caster.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for the nice words ,as mentioned I never did demo a cast with bait,the only thing I use than is a hockey ball,fishing rod and a saltist 30
line around 15 to 20 pound
Last time in the UK was at the nissan works ,with a force 4 in my face and some rain,can not give any details on distance because I reeled the ball in every time,I was happy with the reactions I got from the anglers there,as many still struggled to see the ball dissapear

I do fish for about every thing that swims,fresh or saltwater

The day of casting with the camera, when the video is taken, was at Steyning,casts were 280 plus with some over 300 yards

Maybe some casting organisation must organize a baitcasting comp
Ill be there......

Big Danny

·
Registered
557 Posts
You could have come to Suffolk yesterday (Saturday) Danny we were casting Granny Smiths.
Much better than casting balls coz you have to land them in tact, well almost, at least 3/4 of the apple must be in one piece.
Distances ranged from 100m to 160m for the recorded casts.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I just bought a second hand 7HT mag. When i tried casting it for the first time last week, it sounded like that! Is that normal for that reel?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I just bought a second hand 7HT mag. When i tried casting it for the first time last week, it sounded like that! Is that normal for that reel?
Only if you cast it as hard as Danny does!

I've just bought one and it isnt as noisy as Dannys sounds in the video. bear in mind that the camera and microphone were really close to the reel when we set it up that day!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts