World Sea Fishing Forums banner

how does Llangennith fish at high water

1K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Barrelreef 
#1 ·
don't like being beaten by a venue.so thinkng about giving Llangennith a go again tommorow morn (iv got nealy a lb of maddies left over).i was totaly unprepared yesterday lol.can anyone tell me how it fishes over high and if you can get to the car park at about 06:00 am

#2 ·
Lol Ken, you REALLY wanna catch a GG eh? lol
I'm hoping for a couple of dovers with my leftovers....also a pound or just over....so many I'll probably end up chucking half of 'em, lol

#3 ·
Lol Ken, you REALLY wanna catch a GG eh? lol
I'm hoping for a couple of dovers with my leftovers....also a pound or just over....so many I'll probably end up chucking half of 'em, lol
nice thought but not realy that mart :laugh:. i'm just a tight git that don't like to waist bait. dont mind going down and blanking (god knows i'm used to it).but don't want to drive down if i can't get there!!and would like to give it another go now i'v seen how to fish it

#4 ·
nice thought but not realy that mart :laugh:. i'm just a tight git that don't like to waist bait. dont mind going down and blanking (god knows i'm used to it).but don't want to drive down if i can't get there!!
Similar story here Ken, no way I'm just gonna chuck over £20s worth of maddies away, just hope the dovers are still there (should be :thumbs: ) as I dont know where else round here to use 'em :unsure:

#6 ·
I have always fished low up, I think if the golden greys are there you will catch all tide. The biggest problem with fishing top tide down is chasing the tide out and weed.

If you travel light, stay in the surf and find a weed free part then I cannot see why not.

Spoke to a fisherman last week who had caught a g grey at high tide.

Good luck

#10 ·
should fish well in the morning mate, i was there a few weeks back and messed the tides up. we only had an hour up and managed a few gg's between us, that was an early morning tide about 5.30am. asuming your going to park at hill end there's no problem getting in , always someone in the hut. best off luck, you should catch a few now you know what your doing.

#11 ·
should fish well in the morning mate, i was there a few weeks back and messed the tides up. we only had an hour up and managed a few gg's between us, that was an early morning tide about 5.30am. asuming your going to park at hill end there's no problem getting in , always someone in the hut. best off luck, you should catch a few now you know what your doing.
thanks very much for the info rod next choice was Rhosili ledges and i havent been there since the mid 90's and i'm not sure i can remember which path's were safe. so i'll give llan another go and anybody free id welcome the company :victory::victory:

#12 ·
Wish I could fish tomorrow, back in work. Not sure if barrelreef is going down on Monday to have another go.

Got couple of things to sort out....As long as i get them sorted I'm hoping to get down there

Cheers for the worm Marc:)

ivor birdy said:
lol he's like me :laugh: don't like to let a venue go without at a battle i'll send him a pm cheers mate
Ken I'll pm you later on

#13 ·
thanks very much for the info rod next choice was Rhosili ledges and i havent been there since the mid 90's and i'm not sure i can remember which path's were safe. so i'll give llan another go and anybody free id welcome the company :victory::victory:
i might join you i got a bit of bait left from a boat trip yesterday, but half of it is my mates so i'll have to ask him, and he's my driver. what time will you be there?

#16 ·
From 3pm tomorrow afternoon, not bothering with maddies, if the buggers dont take a fly they can stay in there, seeing as they were swimming around my feet on Saturday they are certainly within range (we were casting underhand at one stage), all I have to do is find which fly they want, then WHAYHAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.